English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Permission error? JFolder::create: Path not in ope
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Permission error? JFolder::create: Path not in ope
Permission error? JFolder::create: Path not in ope 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
This is what I want to achieve
- one mastersite (with a new db)
- 10 slave sites each on separate domains, but they should use the same db as the master site

My issues/questions:
1. Do I have to use jms-templates to achieve this? or can I simply create the slave sites at 'manage sites' ?

2. If i simply create a slave site I get this error:
"JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
The deployed directory [multisites/stiltipp] does not exists."

3.Is this a permission
Error? If yes what do I have to do?

4. If I activate ftp I get a different error: "JFTP::write: Bad response
Message: An error occures! The configuration file can not be openes/written!"

Is this a permission error? What permissions do I have to set for which folders?

Here the screenshot of my site config:

Is there anything wrong with it?

I've read the manual and watched all tutorials, this brought me this far. Please help me so that I get to the point where the normal joomla installer starts.

My config:
- unix
- symlink on
- ftp inactive
- joomla 1.5.15
- newest jms 1.2.19
- all patches for jms installed version 1.2.25
- everything ok in jms
alphab
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/25 10:26 By alphab.Reason: Image of config added
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Permission error? JFolder::create: Path not in ope 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
1) YES you can create slave site without using the JMS templates.
2) "JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths" means that your hosting server probably use the "open_basedir" to describe the directory where you can access.
See your PHP info to check the value of the open_basedir.
You can go in joomla / help /system info.

This means that you can only deploy slave sites in the directory listed in the open_basedir.
If you have full control on your server, you can also modify the "open_basedir" value or event remove its values (no value) to give permission to your server access any directory.

3) YES this is a permission error related to your hosting server configuration that restrict the access to a limited number of directories specified in the "open_basedir".

4) The FTP error is also a permission issue.
This means that the FTP login and password does not have the permission to write in the directory you expect. Check also the FTP root path.

Perhaps you could start creating a slave site into a subdirectory of your master website as presented in the video.
This should reduce your permission issue as you will be located into a subdirectory of your website (the open_basedir should be OK for the subdirectory).
I have saw that you have deployed the slave site into a totally different directory than you master website. So you have to check that you can create such totally independent directory. I suspect that you make a mistake when defined /multisites directory. You have ask to be beside the /home directory.
When using subdirectory definition like presented in the tutorial video, frequently we are using deploy directory = {site_dir}.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Permission error? JFolder::create: Path not in ope 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
THANK YOU !!!

You cant imagine how happy I am now.

I've got it running through your tips. My error was not the open basedir (this is configured as the root of my webserver - so no issues with that)
but it was the wrong path that I specified when creating a new slave site:

I created the slave site and used your variable "{site_id}":
So I used "multisites/{site_id}" as the delpoy directory - WRONG !!!

Correct is: "/{site_dir}"

So I forgot the / and I used the wrong variable. But now I get to the installer and everything works. THANK YOU EDWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alphab
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla