English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave admin refers to master admin on development
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave admin refers to master admin on development
Slave admin refers to master admin on development 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

As earlier mentioned (www.jms2win.com/forum/23-general-questio...-area-not-accessible) I had issues to make JMS work on my localhost. Our system administrator managed to change the development environment URL for me from "localhost" to "mysite.intern.companyname.com". I can now open the administrator console for my slave site, but when I add an article in my slave site, it is added to the master site.

This problem seems to be related to: www.jms2win.com/forum/24-joomla-multi-si...logon-to-admin-area.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,
Tom
ludder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave admin refers to master admin on development 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Read the user manual chapter 9 that give the procedure on how to use JMS on a localhost.
There are also several post in the forum that repeat how to use JMS on a localhost.

In summary, you have to add a parameter in the URL to simulate the slave site and you can not have any slave site with "localhost".
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave admin refers to master admin on development 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm afraid you did not read my post accurately, because I dont' work from localhost, but from an intern network which I access from the URL "mysite.intern.companyname.com". Nevertheless I still encounter the issue mentioned above.

Hopefully the is a fix for this?

Tom
ludder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave admin refers to master admin on development 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If this is an intranet, this is the same that a localhost.
As you have identified it in another post, I have already replied that when working on a local environment, the HTTP protocol does not fill the information required by JMS.

So the only solution is to use the "localhost" procedure.
This is documented in user manual chapter 9.

JMS is design to work with domain, subdomain or subdirectories.
Not to work on a local intranet. In this case you have to use the "localhost" procedure or try using different http IP adresses for each intranet websites.

There is NO fix for that as this is not possible.
The HTTP protocol does NOT provide the necessary information.
Only the workarround documented in the user manual chapter 9 can be applied.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave admin refers to master admin on development 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Now I use URL "mysite.intern.companyname.com" in an intranet environment and JMS seems to work OK. The problem mentioned above of entering the wrong admin area was related to shared sessions in one browser. Now I use different browsers for logging on to different admin area's at the same time and that works fine.

Problem solved. Thanks for your time!

Tom
ludder
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla