English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Error 404 - Newbie question [SOLVED]
Error 404 - Newbie question [SOLVED] 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello!

My teacher just purchased your Multisite applicaiton for Joomla. I installed and patched the extension OK, but now when I create a new site and give the domain name a value of 192.168.247.137/joomla3(we're working local), the site gives a 404 error. I think I know why is that, but don't know how to fix it. I think I should point the 192.168.247.137/joomla3 to 192.168.247.137/joomla/multisites/joomla3 but I have no idea how. I've googled the problem for +2 hours now, but I think I just don't know exactly what to search for. So how do I get this multisite going?

BTW, 192.168.247.137/joomla/multisites/joomla3 results in giving a list of files in that folder...

edit: We're running Joomla on Ubuntu 8.04 server.

Greetings from Finland,
Tero Korhonen
terokorhonen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/01/26 07:23 By terokorhonen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Error 404 - Newbie question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Your question is not clear.

Which is your slave site definition.
Which is the domain you have defined in your slave site ? Is it 192.168.247.137/joomla/multisites/joomla3
In this case, did you deployed the slave site into the {site_dir} if you have defined the slave site "joomla3" ?

The 404 answer is page not found.
So check the domain deployment and your URL.
They must be identical.
You can also use the "hello world" procedure describe in tutorial video 7 to try deploy the "hello.php" into the directory "....../joomla/multisites/joomla3" where you expect to have the slave site runing.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Error 404 - Newbie question 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Your question is not clear.

Which is your slave site definition.
Which is the domain you have defined in your slave site ? Is it 192.168.247.137/joomla/multisites/joomla3
In this case, did you deployed the slave site into the {site_dir} if you have defined the slave site "joomla3" ?

The 404 answer is page not found.
So check the domain deployment and your URL.
They must be identical.
You can also use the "hello world" procedure describe in tutorial video 7 to try deploy the "hello.php" into the directory "....../joomla/multisites/joomla3" where you expect to have the slave site runing.

Hi!

My slave site defined domain is in fact 192.168.247.137/joomla/multisites/joomla3. But with the information you provided I think I can make it go, I'm starting to see the big picture here, so thanks a lot

Greetings,
Tero Korhonen, Finland

__

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank you so much!
terokorhonen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/01/26 07:23 By terokorhonen.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla