English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jcal Pro now in Multisites?
Jcal Pro now in Multisites? 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I noticed that support for JCal Pro is now in Multisites. This leaves me with several questions on what do do from here.

We have several sites already installed using a template. How do I go about changing the configuration so that the calendars can be shared in the existing sites? Do I need to delete their JCal Pro tables in the database?

Please help me get calendar sharing working. Thanks!
IEDadmin1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jcal Pro now in Multisites? 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
When you want to "convert" a specific extension into a shared extension, you have to first check which tables must be shared.
You can find their definition when you go in JMS templates and have a look in the "sharing" tabs where you "open" the extension that you expect to share.

If you have "joomla users" and perhaps other tables that are required in addition to the tables of the extension itself, you have to check if you already have these tables shared (very important concerning the joomla users that can only shared when you create the slave site).

In the particular case of JCal Pro2, there is only a specific tables and no dependencies.
So you can uninstall this extension and re-install with sharing.
You can use the JMS tools for that.

When proceeding with such operation, it is recommended to have a backup of your DBs.
Of course, when you uninstall an extension, you will lose their data.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla