English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can't install slave site
Can't install slave site 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have the master domain in the root: /home/master/
I want a slave site in a separate directory so its path is: /home/master/public_html/multisites/slave2

To access the master account I have master.domain.com and to access the slave account slave2.domain.com.

In the Manage Sites for slave2 the site ID is slave2, the deploy directory is set to: /home/master/public_html/multisites/slave2. All of the rest of the fields have been left blank (except for the list of domain names).

All of the patches have been installed and show green checkmarks. I am using version 1.2.22.
I have run the hello.php script and verified that sym links are working correctly.

In my slave2 directory there is an installation directory which contains an index.html, index.php. In the slave2 folder there is no configuration.php.

When I go to slave2.domain.com I get the following error message:
No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

I read in alther forum post to put the hello.php and hello.txt in the 2 installation directories. So, master.domain.com/installation/hello.php gives:
The current path is "/home/master/public_html/installation"
Symbolic Link is PRESENT
slave2.domain.com/installation/hello.php gives:
The current path is "/home/master/public_html/multisites/slave2/installation"
Symbolic Link is PRESENT

If I try to go directly to www.slave2.domain.com/installation/index.php I get the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /home/master/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/exception.php on line 117
The memory limit on the server is currently set at 40MB, I tried raising it up to 96MB and still got the out of memory message. I can run a normal Joomla install with the memory limit set to 40MB without issue. Why would the install not be able to run with 96 MB of memory?

So, what I can't figure out is why the install is giving the No configuration error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
rlab
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can't install slave site 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
The error "No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting.." mean that it does not find the "installation" directory and that it can not find the "configuration.php" file of your slave site.

This may be a problem of permission or owner of the files.
The "memory error" may be the result of PHP that try report an error message that require to "dump" a recursive structure that consume all the memory.

I think that you have to investigate on the "owner/group" of the files and compare the "installation" permission with the other directories (like include, administrator, ...).
Normallly, all the files and folders should have a unique owner.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can't install slave site 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

The owner of all the files in the master and slave2 directories are owned by the username of the master account: master.

The installation and other folders in the master account have permission of 755. The installation folder and other non-sym link folders have permission 755 in the slave2 folder.

In the slave2 site folder there is a config_multisites.php but no configuration.php or configuration.php-dist.

I tried adding a blank configuration.php file into the slave2 folder (permission 644 owner master), but still get the same No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting... error message.

I don't know of a way to have the master and slave2 folders to have a different owner with a cPanel account and the slave2 is an addon domain. Is that possible and/or required? I didn't see anything in the videos or documentation about them needing to have different owners.

Thank you for your help.
rlab
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

YES you can have different owner with same cPanel account.
This is the case when suPHP is not installed.
In this case you can have files sent by FTP using owner = "XXX" and the other that result of an install or upload performed using PHP that is own by "apache" or "nobody".

Create and put an empty "configuration.php" file does not help as joomla check that this is a valid "configuration.php" file.

So your key element is to check that you can call the "installation" directory.
Which version of Joomla are you using ?
JMS restore an "installation" directory coming from the latest "J 1.5.15" or "J 1.6 alpha2".

Some user with different languages prefer to use the "installation" directory that you originally had with your joomla.
Perhaps you could also investigate this reason.
Another idea would be to test the behavior when you copy the "installation" directory instead of the current one.

Perhaps you can also have a look if you have a "error_log" file that would contain a PHP syntax error in relation with the installation.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/11 09:13 By edwin2win.

Re: Can't install slave site 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

We are using fast-cgi not suPHP on the server so we don't have the apache nobody problem.

We have Joomla 1.5.15 installed.

I am confused the whole point of the installation is to create the configuration.php file. In a normal Joomla installation you do not have to have a configuration.php file or you can have an empty configuration.php file so it gets filled in with the correct configuration variables. In the multisite slave folder is there supposed to be a configuration.php file and if so, what is supposed to be in it (before you have done your Joomla installation of the salve site)?

I tried deleting the installation folder in the multisite slave site and replacing it with the Joomla 1.5.15 installation folder. Still the same message: No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

I tried adding an copy of what is in configuration.php-dist in the slave folder, but then get the message: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL which I understand because there was nothing in the configuration file, so it can't connect to the database, it doesn't try to go to the installation directory.

Now with the overwritten Joomla installation directory in the slave site and am empty configuration.php file, it I go directly to: www.slave2.doamin.com/installation/index.php the Joomla installer comes up without any errors.

But why is it not working if I just go to www.slave2.domain.com? That should be redirecting me to the installation folder.

I went through the installation procedure. When it asked for the database information I gave it database information for a new slave2 database. When I try to go to the frontend of the slave2 site it just shows Slave2 in the top right corner and the rest of the page is blank. If I go to: www.slave2.domain.com/administrator it looks like it is going to the master site because when I login I get all the articles I have in my master site and the title shows Master Site. So, I gather that the master and slave are sharing the same database, but don't know why the frontent doesn't show anything. The slave2 templates folder has a copy of the template that the master site is using.

Thank you for your help.
rlab
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

This is the objective of the Joomla installation to create the DB and create the configuration.php file.
So either you replicate an existing website or create a fresh slave site.

If the joomla installation directory is not working, I can just tell you to debug and try identify the potential permission issue that I suspect.

If you want that we investigate on your environment, we have billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla