English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Got all websites working, but I have questions...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Got all websites working, but I have questions...
Got all websites working, but I have questions... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
[Starting a new thread as the old one is now irrelevant]

After analyzing the one website I got working, I saw what was different in my setup was that there was a full set of Joomla files/links underneath "\small\multisites\aloha\". (Even though the deployment directory was set to "\aloha"). This is also where I am mapping "aloha.kierpro.com".

So I changed the deployment directory for the NNSI to be UNDERNEATH the "\small\mulitsites\nnsi" folder. When I did that I got a Joomla install routine, which I followed.

I also replicated this for the "Norig" installation as well. I will play with coordinating my sub-domain mapping with the "Deployment directory" in the JMS setup. I see now that they have to be synchronized.

QUESTION: No matter what I do on the Joomla install, it makes a Joomla setup in my mySQL database. I then have to clear it out and re-populate it with the correct installation (via a .sql file). Is there a way to NOT have to do this every time?

Also, since we already have a mySQL installation and the files are being shared, what is being accomplished by running the installation routine? Is there a "back door" where I can just change the pointers to my existing mySQL database and be done with it?

Thanks in advance! Hopefully, I'm almost done here.
-- John
PS: I still have the question about my registering the product to kierpro.com and that I will eventually be moving this to oar2.org. Do I need to do anything?
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Got all websites working, but I have questions... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
More difficulties with this configuration:
When I go into the Administrator system, I can see Aloha's articles. However, when I click on "edit", I get a blank page.

Also, when I click on JCal Pro, I get errors (posted below). I have checked the "Sharing" of JCal Pro on the template side.

JCal Pro errors:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/k/i/e/kiernan7a/html/small/components/com_jcalpro/config.inc.php on line 478

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/k/i/e/kiernan7a/html/small/components/com_jcalpro/config.inc.php on line 494

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/k/i/e/kiernan7a/html/small/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 342
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Got all websites working, but I have questions... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I also now realize that ALL of the websites are using the same template!

What exactly is your refund policy? I am putting in WAY too much time trying to get this thing working. I think you should sell the product for more money, but include an installation lesson as your tutorials are not understandable.

-- John Kiernan
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Got all websites working, but I have questions... 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
The refund policy is the one that you have accepted when you order JMS.
In very short.
JMS Multisites is delivered with GNU/GPL license and all the sources in clear.
In application of the GNU, the price correspond to the fee to download JMS Multisites.
So as soon as you downloaded JMS Multisites, it is not refunded as the download fee is due.

Concerning the teaching.
We have provided plenty of video in our tutorial.
Perhaps you don't understand them but that does not mean that they are not clear.

Perhaps they are not clear in your specific "godaddy" context.
Sorry but we can not create video for all the possible HTTP Server adminsitration tool.
We have chosen cPanel as they are the world wilde leader.

If you want that we setup and teach you, we also have billable support that can be ordered at www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1

For you information, we will present JMS Multisites at Joomla Day Mallorca the 9 and 10th april.
We will give an overview and also give a workshop more practical.
You are welcome to the joomla day.
www.joomladay.cat
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/04/02 23:00 By edwin2win.

Okay... I think we can fix this... sorry about griping but I had spent the day trying to get something working.

Could you possibly just give be a SIMPLE quick, step by step (not too elaborate, just the "bullet points") guide to this scenario:

Master website "Erewhon". Will contain the Joomla file structure utilized by multiple slave websites.

Slave website "Aloha". Has EXISTING mySQL database (should NOT get overwritten), but will use the "Erewhon" files.

What should the domains be pointing to: the folder under "multiplesites" or the one that the "deployment" field points to?

Here's what I did:
Made Erewhon the template.

Made Aloha a slave. However, there was no way to NOT overwrite the database files (back them up, actually).

But... even after I restored the mySQL database, the Administrator functions do not work. If I navigate to an article in Aloha (and it IS an article specific to Aloha), I get a BLANK PAGE.

If we can figure these few things out, I think I will have it working.

As to the tutorials...

What would help IMMENSELY is if you defined your terms. What exactly IS a Master, a Template a Slave? Is a setup using the same mySQL database the same as one utilizing different mySQL databases?

This is where things to a neophyte get confusing.

-- John Kiernan
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

MORE INFORMATION:
I figured out why I was getting a blank page while trying to edit articles.

When you write the new configuration.php, you put in "tinyMCE" as the editor. Except my template editor is jce. I removed pieces of tinymce, if not all of it.

SUGGESTION:
COPY the editor directive from the master template's configuration.php instead of forcing in 'tinyMCE'.

-- John

PS: I'm still trying to figure out how to stop JMS from updating the mySQL tables. No matter what I choose during the setup, it ALWAYS insists on either overwriting or backing up and then writing new files. SUGGESTION #2: How about an option to leave the mySQL tables alone?
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla