English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Virtuemart Cart being shared. This is not wanted.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Virtuemart Cart being shared. This is not wanted.
Virtuemart Cart being shared. This is not wanted. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Hi all,

All I want multisites for is to share the Virtuemart Users Only.
I've installed multisites with Virtuemart to specifically share Virtuemart Users between sites. This works well and no problem here.

The products are different and the templates are different. This is what I want.

However the following problem happens when in checkout.

In first shop I purchase one item. It shows up in checkout.
If I look to a second shop there is one item listed but an item from the second shop!
If I delete the cart from the second shop then the cart from the first shop is deleted.
If I add five items from the first shop, then in the second shop there are five different second shop items in the basket.

This could confuse shoppers.
I have NOT set any other sharing in the template other than ONLY VIRTUEMART USERS.

I only want the one cart active at a time for one user in one shop. I notice that if I login to one shop then I am automatically logged into all shops at the same time. This may be a browser session happening across all tabs. Still, not concerned about this.

I only want one cart with products in it active at a time.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Bendo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virtuemart Cart being shared. This is not wanted. 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
VirtueMart store the shopping cart into the sessions.
When you share the users, this also share the sessions.

Therefore, this is normal that when you go from one website to the other one that your customer may be confused.
In general, it is advised to share the whole virtuemart.
In addition, if you checkout shop2 with VM product ID from in shop 1, this may also leads to problem when a same product ID is related to another product.

I can not do anything for that. Just explain how VirtueMart store the shopping cart and tell you that this is in the "session" that you decided to share for the users.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla