English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Blank screen when trying to edit articles
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Blank screen when trying to edit articles
Blank screen when trying to edit articles 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I've had all of my slave websites up for almost a week. I saw a small problem with one website, and when I went to explore it, I realized that whenever I try to edit an article on some of the slave websites, I get a totally blank screen! On others, I get an edit screen, but only with HTML in the edit area -- none of the JCE components are available. I even tried switching over to TinyMCE, but to no avail!

Do you have any ideas?

-- John Kiernan, OA Region 2
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Blank screen when trying to edit articles 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
So I thought I'd reply to my own post, as I tracked down the problem.

I'm not sure exactly whether JMS is involved, though I think it probably is ... although possibly in a minor way (since the websites were fine before the JMS install).

I had a plugin on my template website "Editor - No Editor" and it was enabled, as was the JCE 1.5.2. However, for some reason, the website configuration was seeing the "No editor" as the default editor instead of JCE. Once I turned off "No Editor" and saved the configuration again, I could edit my articles on the slave websites.

I think the "No Editor" was simply a legacy plugin that I never paid attention to. It wasn't until now that I even thought about it. I"m not sure why it is even there!

-- John
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla