English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: slave site and administrator
slave site and administrator 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
hello, i made a slave site with my template (see screenshot for settings) and after logging into my slave site administrator i see that in the menu items "multisites" is also there... i thought it should not be present in the slave sites? Are all settings correct (see attached)?
File Attachment:
File Name: screenshots.zip
File Size: 97221
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:slave site and administrator 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
i see in my master site admin the log map, temp map and database table prefix has changed to these from the slave site ??? what is wrong with my template settings for creating a slave site with no data shared. i only want to share the joomla installation, all other things (template, images, database) have to be copied for each slave site. Can i even login to the slave sites administrator and install some extensions? do i have to update the extensions of the master only once so that they are updated in the slave sites too?
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:slave site and administrator 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
It is normal that you have "multi sites" present in the slave site as you have asked to replicate the master website in which it is present.
As you clone the master, you receive a copy of it.

Yes this is a configuration that is correct if you want to replicate the master website.

If you want to create a fresh slave site without anything, you have to let the "template site" empty.
In this case, you will have an empty joomla without anything pre-installed.

If you want to have copy of the "/images", "/templates" directory, ..., you have to change the "special copy" into copy in the "template / file and folders" tab.
See tutorial video CP-05.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05
edwin2win
graph

Re:slave site and administrator 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
i set multisites to "ignore", but i see the multisites component is still present in the slave sites... I should expect it is not? For now i do an uninstall of the multisites component for each slave site while i am logged in the master site. I suppose this is a way to have no multisites in the slave sites and i would not expect any problems?
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:slave site and administrator 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
"/multisites" directory and the components are different things.

If you set the "/multisites" directory as "ignore" will NOT result to ignore the component "multisites".

You have to uninstall the "Multisites" extension in the slave site to remove it.
Do not uninstall "multisites" in the master website.

The "/multisites" directory is the place where JMS save the data of the extension as it need to access the info before the DB is connected.
edwin2win
graph

Re:slave site and administrator 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
i see now that when updating an extension in the master, this is not updated in the slave sites... how come???
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla