English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Finding conflicting architectural recommendations
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Finding conflicting architectural recommendations
Finding conflicting architectural recommendations 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
In forums, and in one of the videos I found this:
"Yes consider the master as a repository or a library is our recommendation and we also suggest to not put any data in the master - just install the extensions required by the slave sites."
But, all the documentation and videos show doing the following on the Master:
    Creating slave sites from the front end
    Managing and creating slave sites from the back end
    Running a virtumart installation

I want to do this, what is the correct architecture?:
    Have a master that is just a repository, no data or operations done there
    Have primary Slave that is my primary website and where I manage slave site creation (front and back ends)
    Create a series of template sites that will be used to create operational sites from the front end

Hope this is clear.
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Finding conflicting architectural recommendations 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I think that you have correctly understood our recommendation and that the architecture that you propose is correct.

- Have a master that is just a repository, no data or operations done there
- Have primary Slave that is my primary website and where I manage slave site creation (front and back ends)
- Create a series of template sites that will be used to create operational sites from the front end

This is correct
edwin2win
graph

Re:Finding conflicting architectural recommendations 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I found the following on another post:
Are you managing JMS from the master website or from a slave site.
Normally JMS should only managed from the master website.

It seems that you are working from a slave site and that you don't have the "/multisites" directory shared 'Symbolic Link'

I also attempted to use Multisite on the primary slave site I setup. I did not have the ability to create a new slave site or a template. I was using 2.1.75, I'll edit and add additional detail after I re-setup an instance and try again.

Question is, should I only create templates and slave sites from the back end on the Master Site? Can I create Slave Site on the Front End of my primary slave site?
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Finding conflicting architectural recommendations 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
When JMS is installed in a slave site, this is possible to create website from the front-end because you need to have the component present to build the menu.

Normally the management of the slave site should never be done from a slave site.
Only the master should manage the slave site definition.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla