English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Moving image folder
Moving image folder 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
I installed JMS with 1 master site (www.master.com) and 2 slave sites (www.slave1.com and www.slave2.com). I just followed "Multisites - Manage sites - New", without using a template.
Slave's directories are in /var/www/master/multisites/slave1 and /var/www/manster/multisites/slave2. Both slave sites have their images directory that is a symlink to /var/www/master/images

Now I would like to separate images directories. I first tried to unlink the symlink, create a new /var/www/master/multisites/slave1/images directory and copy onto it the content of the original images directory.
But slave Joomla refuses to show new images I upload there and keeps telling me "file not found". So I did undo all the changes.

Is there a way to separate images directories from slave sites?

Thank you.
ferdybassi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moving image folder 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have a symbolic link, this mean that you share the directory.

If you want to have a specific images directory, see the tutorial video CP-05

You have to create a JMS Templates where you specify that the "/images" directory is a copy.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05

If you update the slave site definition to use a JMS Template rule where the "/images" become a copy, you will have to delete the symbolic link manually before resaving the slave site definition.
JMS does not modify something that is already created. So if the "/images" is already created as a Symbolic Link, it will remain like that until you delete manually the directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Moving image folder 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok.
By doing this you mean that I can update a slave site definition, adding a template on a slave site already created.
Is it correct?

Thank you.
ferdybassi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Moving image folder 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
To allow a slave site be able to install their own template, it is required to specify in the "JMS Template rule" that the "new template folder" = {deploy_dir/templates

See tutorial video 0.b slide 34 for the different variant of "templates" settings.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla