English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Jomres Compatibility?
Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
How well does JMS MultiSite work with Jomres?

As far as you are aware, are many people using them together successfully?

Are there any problems or necessary workarounds that I should be aware of?

Are there any limitations on the number of Jomres sites that JMS MultiSite can handle? (Obviously, Jomres is database-intensive, but I mean apart from that).

When new versions of Joomla and Jomres are released, is it usually necessary to wait for JMS MultiSite to catch up before you can update?

Thank you for answering my questions.
donnacha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning JomRes, we do not provide any support with this extension.
This extension is encrypted with IonCube and as we can not have access to the code for a review, you have to report any issue with this extension to the author of JomRes.

In the past, we defined JomRes inside JMS based on difference between a clean joomla compared with a joomla after JomRes installation.
We know that there are limitation with JomRes and mainly the configuration that is identical for all the websites. You can not have a specific JomRes configuration per website.

So in terms of compatibilty with JMS, you need to report any issue to JomRes author that is the only person who can see the source code of JomRes.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin, are you sure that you are thinking of Jomres?

Jomres is 100% Open Source, GPL and MIT licensed.

There is absolutely no part of Jomres core or it's plugins that is encrypted with IonCube, I know this because I never have to install IonCube.

Also, your list of extensions already includes Jomres, with a green tick for Install and sharing with all recent versions of Joomla.

Is it possible that you were thinking of a different Joomla extension?

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
donnacha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Vince, the developer behind Jomres, has now confirmed that they have not used any form of encryption, in either Jomres core or any of its plugins, for over five years.

Have all of the Jomres definitions you have written been based upon the presumption that it was encrypted? I note that the earliest mention on your site of a Jomres definition was for version 1.2.15, in December 2009, when Jomres was already completely Open Source.
donnacha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Send us the package of the latest JomRes in the attachement of an email with request of review and also specify the version of Joomla for which you want the review.

The latest version that we received is very old (before 2012).
Perhaps that they changed and now have all the sources in clear that would allow us doing the review.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Jomres Compatibility? 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin, thanks for taking the time to answer my question, here and in the other thread.

I have now emailed the Jomres zip to you to you.

Actually, the easiest way to install Jomres is use their Web installer, which I have also emailed to you, and which is available to everyone at https://www.jomres.net/files/jomres_webinstall.zip and, of course, from the Jomres downloads page (https://www.jomres.net/#download).

The Web installer is a single PHP file that you place in the same folder as Joomla and it takes you through the 3 steps to automatically pull down and install the latest version of Jomres. Alternatively, you can download the Jomres zip and install it in the usual way.

Again, these downloads are Open Source (GPL and MIT) and available, to anyone, for free. They contain no encrypted files and result in a fully-functional booking site with no time limitations. The Jomres business model is based on selling an optional subscription to plugins that provide additional features but, again, the free core application is fully-functional and all plugins are also entirely Open Source and non-encrypted.

I have discussed JMS MultiSite with a lot of other Jomres users and there is tremendous interest. The vast majority of Jomres users deploy it in a professional context, so, they would not hesitate to buy a JMS license if I could show them a working example of a Jomres MultiSite and that is what I hope to create.
donnacha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/11/20 12:45 By donnacha.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla