English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Customs extensions features support
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Customs extensions features support
Customs extensions features support 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

how to use custom component in the master and slave site, in my old website i am using custom component(like as.. jobs,blog,support and profile) or now i want to use here also, so my question is, how to use custom component with the jms multisite and jms multisite will except this features and this features compatiable with jms multisite extensions.
Ramu
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Customs extensions features support 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
When an extension is not defined in the JMS tools, a possiblity to install the extension in the slave sites consists in re-installing your custom extension into the slave site to let your extension create the MySQL tables required by your extension.

Another possiblity is to duplicate (copy) a website that already contain the extension "pre-installed". So that, the tables will be copied.

Another solution is to develop a specific plugin to declare in JMS the definition of your specific "custom extension". So that you could have its definition added into the JMS tool menu.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Customs extensions features support 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Can we not install customs extensions in the master site.

and second thing which you are saying like copy a website it means copy normal website or jms multisite website or if there is providing any copy option by the jms multisite.

Could you help me to clear this thing.
Ramu
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/08/12 06:41 By Ramu.

Re: Customs extensions features support 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
You always need to install the extension in the master to have the "PHP code" installed.

In the slave site, the only think that is required is the MySQL tables for this extension.
This explain that a plugin should be created to describe the MySQL tables used by the extension.
When we say duplicate (copy) a website, this mean copy all the MySQL tables used by site website. So as you copy ALL the tables, this includes the tables required by the custom extension.

I hope this is more clear
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla