English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end
Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Since the update of JCE to 2.4.2 the icons in the back-end for the texteditor seem to be missing (J2.5.24).

Further looking into the problem it only appears to be the case on the multisites, main site works perfectly.

The multisite tries to load the file from:
GET https:// site.nl/home/site/www/components/com_jce/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/img/icons.png 404 (Not Found)

While instead it should look at:
GET https:// site.nl/components/com_jce/editor/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/img/icons.png

It shouldn't add this part -> /home/site/www/
For the main site that would be true but not for the multisites.
Any help would be appreciated.
gjr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/08/27 09:30 By gjr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi gjr

I'm having the same problem and I solved as follows:

Using Firebug, I found that the problem is that JCE does not find the path to the directory of the icons:

CSS that shows the path to the folder with icons.
.defaultSkin .mceIcon {
background: url ("/ components / com_jce / editor / tiny_mce / themes / advanced / img / icons.gif") no-repeat scroll 20px 20px rgba (0, 0, 0, 0);
}

Changing via Firebug, I was able to find the right path to the image, then went into the "components / com_jce / editor / tiny_mce / themes / advanced / skins /", copied the original line of code and commented directory (just in case) and looking by .defaultSkin .mceIcon changed the path to one that works. I was repeating the process until all icons JCE reappeared normally.

But beware, when you update the JCE, will lose all the icons again until we find a permanent solution to the problem.

Sorry for any mistakes in English, I'm using google translator.
dti.unifesp
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
This look like a problem in the path computed by JCE to vie the correct URL.
This might be due to the fact that you may have a symbolic link in the middle and that JCE would use a check of the physical location and not the "virtual location".

A quick and durty solution is to use the free "Search/Replace" plugin
www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...rch--replace-utility

to replace the wrong path by the good one.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Seems like a very interesting plugin still a bit strange that it worked perfectly with JCE 2.3.x multisites 1.3.35 and in 2.4.2 with 1.3.36 it is messing up.

However the combination of the posts above did give me an idea make a editor profile and edit the paths in the ui.css file so an update wouldn't remove the change. Icons are back in the back-end.

However this shouldn't be necessary to edit to fix the problem?

Thank you all for the ideas to fix the problem!
gjr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
I suppose that JCE 2.4 changed something on the path of a files that now is no more resolved correctly.
Sometimes, this happen when developer use the physical location of a file on the disk that they compare with the website location. When using Symbolic Link, the physical location is generally outside of the current website root directory.
When adding such test, this may result by the behavior that you have described and a wrong link.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problems with JCE 2.4.2 icons missing back-end 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

We have the same issue, also with the latest JCE 2.4.3.

I could not find out, where to modify the paths. Could someone give me some pointers?

Also, we have a custom css-file that we include in the editor-configuration and it is not loaded. I guess it also does not calculate the paths properly and not find the file?

Is this an issue with JCE or Multisites? Can you fix this in Multisites?

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards -Stephan
iage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla