English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

JMS component is in the slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: JMS component is in the slave sites
Re:JMS component is in the slave sites 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin
thank you for your reply

Let me be clear: I am NOT trying to use JMS from a slave site and neither have I installed it in a slave.

I am commenting on the fact that it is there and asking for clarification. I had already assumed (correctly it seems) that it should not be used from a slave. I was also bringing to your attention the fact that clicking thru to the JMS patches page of a slave site throws a big red error.

Since you now make it very clear that JMS should not be present in the slaves I will immediately go to the trouble of un-installing it in each slave site.

May I humbly suggest that since it should not be installed in slaves, you might in a future upgrade perhaps consider to include some logic to prevent JMS replicating to the slaves.

thank you for your time to reply
londoh
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:JMS component is in the slave sites 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Your answer is NOT consistent as you say that you are not trying to use JMS in a slave site and after you that clicking thru to the JMS patches page of a slave site.

So if you click on JMS patches page in a slave site, this is because you have installed it in a slave suite and that you try to manage it from the slave site and NOT from the master.

I can not forbid the whole access in a slave site because some customers who know exactly what they do, wants to see the infos from a slave site.
JMS only disable the button install and un-install in the case where you start JMS from the slave site to avoid installing or un-installing the patches from the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla