English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multi Sites Content In Module
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Multi Sites Content In Module
Re:Multi Sites Content In Module 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
i sure will i have it working now but it would not user friendly i want to get it so that anyone can use it with out any php knowledge and it would work on any server right now it would just work on my server once i get an answer to my question then i can make it compatible with any server by allowing the user to define a few variables.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multi Sites Content In Module 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Have a look in the "article sharing for JMS", you will see that the strategy is totally different and use JMS to get the DB connection.
So add the "site id" in the module first require to rewrite all the module to have the new parameters modified.
As I have already replied, I will invest time to do that for joomla 1.6 and not for joomla 1.5 because they have changed all the way that articles and modules manage that.
If I had to do that for joomla 1.5, I should ask a higher price because the expect sell duration will be very short (due to joomla 1.6 coming).
If I had several customers that would be ready to pay 75 EUR for such multisites module (latest news, most read and newsflash) I could review my position.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/11/17 10:33 By edwin2win.

i have multisites installed and its working for me with what i have done so far.
lexxy2000
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

I know but you had to hardcode the value and not able to use the "site id".
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/11/17 12:12 By edwin2win.

Well, of course it's not ideal, but hard-coding will work for me for the time being.

Lexxy2000, can you please provide file names and line numbers for your solution? Then some of us can implement the hack too.

BTW, Edwin, I would gladly pay an "upgrade" price for the functionality to be included in J1.5 (I'm assuming you meant 75 EUR for the JMS package with modules--not 75 EUR just for the module--but I could have misinterpretted)...but I'm just one...maybe there are others...
newbandon
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

The idea would be to create a package with 3 modules.
I have not yet analyze in detail a "product" version but all I can tell you is that joomla 1.6 will be totally different for these module.
The problem for me (I hope you will understand) is to invest few weeks in work to create a product that will not get any return due to the short live duration.
Our time is limited and is currently consumed for the update in JMS kernel to add patches definition for many extensions.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla