English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New Slave Replicate - template not fully working
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: New Slave Replicate - template not fully working
Re:New Slave Replicate - template not fully working 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
hi there i have similar problem i have diffrent slave site but i cannot use joomla sef or any sef at all and my host is godaddy.

1. i have mod rewrite,Search Engine Friendly URLs turned on and add suffix to URL = NO,when i click it gives me a 500Internal Server Eror.

2.i though it may be a file premission error so i changed all the folder permission to 777.

3. the sef works perfectly on the master site but the problem is with slave site.

4.there look like alot of subscriberhere are having the same problem edwin if u can provide tutorial video or a documentation on SEF activation on slave site that will be great help.

thanks
mdhissam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New Slave Replicate - template not fully working 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
With godaddy, this should work without problem.

1) Before enable the SEF or any other stuff, does the URL and the domain or subdomain can be accesss with success. Does the 500 Internal server error is related to SEF enabled ?

2) Some server (perhaps also godaddy) gives an Internal Server Error when the website has permission 777. In general you should have 755. All depends the owner/groups of the files

3) Which domain, subdomain ?
Is it in a subdirectory of the master ?

4) It is not possible to give tutorial for SEF because this speciific to each server.
Joomla itself provide a htaccess.txt as sample and that must be modified to make it works in production.
This also depends on the SEF extension you are using.
Perhaps you should first have a look in the documentation of the SEF extension you are using and perhaps also to their video.
Setup SEF can take time.
If you want that we have a look to the setup of SEF you can order our billable support
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:New Slave Replicate - template not fully working 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
hi edwin

1.i get 500 internal server error after turning on the sef in slave site only and yes its when sef related because the site perfroms perfectly.

2.yah before i have permission 755 the SEF didnt work and the same 500 internal error use to occur after that i changed the permission to 777.

3.its a subdomain and what do u mean by subdirectory of master.(its not the subdirectory of master).

4. my issue is simple if master site can work without any problem and can use the SEF than what is wrong with Slave sites that it not working.if its a server issue than the master site SEF should also not work but thats not the case.(by SEF means the joomla SEF not 3rd party SEF)

waiting for ur answer
mdhissam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:New Slave Replicate - template not fully working 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
The objective is to first check the hosting server configuration and be sure that you don't have any error when you don't have the SEF enabled.
So based on your point 1, if I understand correctly, this mean that your slave site is working perfectly.

So why in point 2 have you changed the permission for SEF.
I don't see the relation ship.
You have to retest that your website is still working without any error when you disable the SEF and that you have changed the permission.
Change permission can produce Internal Server Error.
You should have somewhere in your hosting server administration tool a log that should help you for the reason.
Perhaps you should contact the support of your hosting server company to ask how to identify the Internal Server Error reason.

3) As you don't have specified which kind of slave your have setup it was important to know if you have a totally independent domain, subdomain or simply a subdirectory of the master.

4) This is probably a hosting server setting that is not correct.
In general this is related to file or folder permission.
Perhaps also owner/group of the file.

Contact your hosting server support to know where you can find the log or error report that will help you identify the reason.
edwin2win
graph

hi there edwin when i stated that my website was working i mean it was working when SEF is turned off when its turned on i get 500 internal server error.
mdhissam
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Give me more detail on the error message that you should have somewhere in your hosting server.
Perhaps this is related to a file of your SEF extension or I don't know.

If you want that we investigate and try debug your environment, we also provide billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla