English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help
Re:jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm curious what will happen from it? Very curious

Please see reply

As I mentioned before, I am not going to spend any time on development for this, at least not now or in the short-term. If the solution is the one mentioned above then they can test it or you can hire a dev to help you test it. As I also metnioned before the code for making this sort of change is open for modification even in the trial version:

/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/controllers/components/config.php

The name of the config file, which is used for caching purposes only is defined in a single line in that file:

$cache_file = 'jreviews_config_'.md5(cmsFramework::getConfig('secret'));

So now you have the option of:

1) Changing the unique secret value to something else like a multisite id

2) Removing the secret value altogether
canadareic
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
This is the same as I proposed as you always have to check if MULTISITES_ID is defined.

The key element is and that must be verified by JReveiw is all the occurence where they are using the "secret" configuration value.

As we don't have the source as JReveiw to add the necessary stuf to be compatible with JMS Multisites. We are not able to do the review.
edwin2win
graph

Re: jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok

Just curious what is going to happen now? Please kindly read.

I am not interested nor have the time to do this so you don't need to post their replies here. They have everything they need to test this, so maybe you need to give them a little incentive $$$. The code where changes need to be made is even readable and editable in the trial version. I suggest you hire them and give them access to your site if they are not willing to download a trial and install it. Complaining about not having the source is not an excuse since I've already told you the location of files that need to be modified to implement the suggested change.

I have to add that if I am not mistaken I've also given them a license in the past so they could install the full version.
canadareic
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
They do not reply to the question concerning the usage of the "secret" everywhere in their application.

If this only used to compute their "configuration" file name ?
edwin2win
graph

Re: jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0

Yes, I can confirm it is only used for calculating file names and I did answer it before and provided the very simple solution here:

www.reviewsforjoomla.com/forum/index.php...70.msg53635#msg53635
canadareic
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: jsm2win and jreviews - Alejandro ready to help 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Is this the very end of this thread or is there any hope JReviews and JMS will get together for a happy end :-?
video1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla