English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade
Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Joomla 2.5.0 RC1 Information

How do I upgrade to Joomla 2.5?
Upgrading from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 2.5.0 will be very easy. Most users can use the automatic update or install the update archive using the Extension Manager: Install option.

If you are using Joomla 1.5 then you will still be required to migrate your site using the jUpgrade component

The above information indicates that for us Joomla 1.5 users we will have to use the jUpgrade component to upgrade our sites... This is the same upgrade process that has been provided for users upgrading to Joomla 1.6, 1.7 and now 2.5...

Do you think now might be a good time to start working on writing up steps 1-10 (or however many steps it takes) for your customers to be able to upgrade their Joomla 1.5 MultiSites (Masters and Slaves)...?

6 months ago 1.7 was not Out of Date software.
1 year ago 1.6 was not Out of Date software.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/01/19 21:41 By samhnky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Now that Joomla has published how to migrate from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5, we starte the analysis on how is the best wait to migrate.

Joomla proceed with migration and change the DB layout and content between different release and sometime also in a same release with different build.
This mean that all the migration must be applied on all the slave sites.
We are currently analyzing the jupdate to see how it can be used and applied for all the slave sites.

Where are the "step 1-10" that you mentioned. We don't find them in the link that you provided concerning the Joomala 2.5.0 RC1 information
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I started to tell you yet again how extremely upset this whole thing has made me, and the fact that you have left me and the other 1.5 users hanging. But it has become quite obvious that a language barrier, and culture differences makes it impossible for you to understand. So I will sit here ANGRY at this whole process and WAIT for you to continue ignoring me and not provide the support I have requested. IF you would have only demonstrated a MANUAL way to upgrade (I don't care how hard it would be) I would have been happy. But instead you refused and I'm ANGRY!
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I do not refuse to publish something.

The problem is that Joomla 2.5 were just released yesterday and we need time to analyze the best procedure to do the upgrade.

We are not responsible for the ascending incompatibility introduced by Joomla and the fact that this require a migration.
Now they have published the method to migrate, we can analyze it and this will take several days (or weeks) to have the right procedure.

We didn't analyzed the case of Joomla 1.7 as this was a short term release and Joomla had announce a new procedure to upgrade easier for Joomla 2.5.
Now that the procedure is known, we have to see how and perhaps have to write a "Multisites Upgrade" component.
As you can imagine, this can not be done in 1 day but will require weral days (or weeks) to write a "multisites upgrade" component.

OK you are angry but you should be first be angry against joomla that totally ignored the users and decided to not provide any ascending compatibility and "legacy mode".
As they declined, this is because this is not easy.
So you must understand as third party extension comapny, we are like you and have to do with the decision of Joomla to make the things incompatible and we need times to analyze the new version and how to provide a solution for the community of users.

The JUpgrade reference by joomla to help for the migration does not seems to work properly.
So we analyzing how to fix this extension to work correctly.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/01/26 14:02 By edwin2win.

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
And again you ignore the fact that I have always only asked for a MANUAL upgrade process that did NOT use any CODING on your part... OK, So I guess I THE CUSTOMER will have to figure out a manual process MYSELF!

THANK YOU FOR IGNORING MY REQUEST!

IF I find a manual Process and Post it before you ever "CODE" an automated process, I think you should pay me when I post it to your site.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I do not ignore your request.
I can just tell you that the procedure does not exists yet.

Today, I still not found an valid manual procedure.

The idea is to first upgrade all the extension present in each slave site before proceeding with the JUpgrade.
Only when all the third party extension in all the slave site are upgraded with something compatible with joomla 1.7 then nexxt you can start using the JUpgrade.

The idea is to start install JUpgrade on the master and not use it.
After that, re-install JUpgrade in each slave site and proceed with the upgrade.
In this case, this will create plenty of standalone joomla for each slave site that you will have to delete later.
The idea is just to re-use the new DB tables for Joomla 1.7

Becarefull that JUpgrade is design to work with a single website per DB.
Becarefull also that it creates another directory structure with another table prefix.

The idea is to clone of the website with the new table structure and re-use the configuration.php file created by JUpgrade and delete all the other stuff.

When all the slave site DB will be created with the new DB layout format for joomla 1.7, you can upgrade the master website and copy all the new "configuration.php" files created by JUpgrade for each slave site to replace the joomla 1.5 slave site "configuration.php"
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123456
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla