English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade
Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Has any investigation been done into this yet? I have a host with over 10 sites setup through JMS Multi Sites and really need to be able to start working on getting them upgraded as time is running out for Joomla 1.5 getting security updates.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
We are waiting the Joomla 1.8 (or 2.5) in which joomla should include something new to perform the migration.
We will analyze this new one when it will be published.
I suppose it will coming soon now.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I can understand waiting for a new version to come out before making changes to your product... But like me I'm sure there are other customers, who feel trapped with Joomla 1.5, because there is not even any documentation on steps known to work with upgrading to a 1.6 or 1.7 version... For the type of program that you provided, I am highly disappointed to be to still be using a version of Joomla that is 2 versions behind, and be stuck because the product that I paid Money for has decided that they are not even going to discuss a procedure for customers to use to "manually" upgrade, since no automated process is currently available.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The only documentation that we have is the one published by joomla itself and that you provide us.

I can understand your remark but as joomla themselves does not provide any ascending compatibility and that the migration process is not easy, we can just hope that the next release of Joomla will provide better facilities for the migration.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
My point though is that Joomla will only ever provide information on how to migrate 1 site... They will NEVER provide information on performing a JMS Multisite Migration... Joomla has ALREADY provided a guide on how to migrate 1 site to Joomla 1.7, it is actually a fairly straight forward process... The problem is that I need to know a process, a set of steps, for migrating a JMS Multisite setup... I don't think there will ever be a straight forward "easy" process for this, unless you decide to code one, but I DO think that you, having the greatest understanding of how your product works, can provide a set of instructions to us YOUR CUSTOMERS on how we can upgrade our JMS Multisite... You seem so dead set on the Joomla team resolving the problem though, that I don't think you have tried to think it through... especially if the Joomla "resolution" is unable to resolve the JMS Multisite needs.

I think a manual process of migrating the slave sites to a temporary single site, and then performing an upgrade to Joomla 1.7, and then upgrading the master site to Joomla 1.7, and then migrating the slave sites back into the Master site would be the best current "semi" manual solution... But I don't have time, or the file count on my server to attempt this without knowing for certain that it is going to work... If you could just sit down in your test environment like what you used for making your videos, and try to develop a guideline of steps, that we your customers can use to "manually" migrate our master and slave sites that, outside of other plugins, extensions, and components causing problems due to their lack of incompatibility, we can use to safely upgrade our sites we would be happy...
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Joomla 1.5-1.7 upgrade 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for your feedback.
As I told you previously, we are waiting Joomla 1.8 (or 2.5) to see how we can simplify the migration.
So just wait very few weeks that joomla release the alpha or a beta of their next version.
I hope that you can understand that we can not develop something for Joomla 1.7 that will be obsolete in less than 2 month.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123456
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla