English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Unable to install Multi-sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Unable to install Multi-sites
Re: Unable to install Multi-sites 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
OK so a bit of positive news; I couldn't figure out what was going on, as the webserver was on a VM, I deleted it all and started again, this time with a pre-built 'stack' from a company called Bitnami; the installation failed from ZIP but this must be due to the PHP upload file limit; instead I simply loaded the zip file via ftp/scp and ran that way; it installed without error and when I clicked register; it worked first time returning me to the blank initial screen for multi-sites ... very stange but I am glad I am now able to get a move on with this!!!

Cheers for your suggestions, I'm still in the dark as to what could be the problem but at least now I can get on with work while investigating the failure in the background!

Regards
viveuk
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Unable to install Multi-sites 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
What you gave in your previous post seems confirm the hypothesis that you had a problem of ownership of the files and folders.

Perhaps that the new installation that you did give now a better consistency in the ownership of the files and folders.
Also the fact that you install from a directory also bypass the potential issue concerning the maximum upload size.

Check again your file and folder ownership that could leads you to other problems in the future.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla