English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: AKEEBA
Re: AKEEBA 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
All my questions refer to the text above - YOU answered refering the text below the questions.
The confusion is getting bigger and bigger ...

We had 3 hours live support for € 225,00 - so you should remember, that I, like 98 % of all users, work in a windows environment.
Besides, I mentioned it twice, that I DO NOT HAVE a ssh to do anything with the symbolic link stuff.

Why don 't you just describe how to rebuild the tgz-file i a same local environment on windows-xampp without the need to rebuild any symbolic links - just easy and customer-appropriate??

E.G. see
www.nik-o-mat.de/joomlafan/31/260-websei...abackup.html?start=3
degard
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: AKEEBA 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I didn't remember that I did a specific support with you.
We can not remember the details of each customer.
This is because you mentioned it now, that you remember me that I did a specific support with you.

Windows and Linux is different and the restore on WAMP is not the same as XAMP
Linux has the symbolic link and windows NOT.

You explain that you have a local linux with XAMP.
Therefore, if you a local linux machine you must have a terminal consol and this is what I suggest to use.
If you don't have an FTP tool that is accurate to display the symbolic link, this is the only sure method that I know.

I don't known administration interface the you use with your local linux machine to do its administrator.

You mentioned Windows and XAMP.
For me this is not correct. Either Windows and WAMP or LinuX and XAMP.
As you mentioned XAMP, my answer is for LinuXXXXXX.

Perhaps you could try using the "Total Commander" application that has a FTP access. I know that with this tool, the symbolic link can be displayed (if your ftp server autorise it).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/26 11:37 By edwin2win.

Hi Edwin,

I have a local xammp on a Windows machine. It' s not linux.

See

www.masterplan.de/downloads/xampp.gif

Again. How do I restore the backup on the local xampp?

Bests Mark
degard
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/26 17:11 By degard.

Re: AKEEBA 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
On a Windows platform, the Symbolic Link are not restored and therefore you can not use it.

The JMS settings on a windows platform is not the same as on Linux platform with Symbolic Link allowed.

If you want to use JMS on a Windows platform, you can NOT use the symbolic link and the slave site must be defined in another way.

Restore on a Windows platform the backup performed on a Linux platform that use the Symbolic Link require that you re-setup all the slave site to avoid using the Symbolic Links.

In Windows, each slave site "configuration.php" file must be located in the appropriate /multisites/{site_id} directories as the "deploy folder" can not be user (Symbolic Link not allowed).
You also have to edit each config_multisites.php file present in each slave site to remove or rename the "deploy_dir" into "deploy_dir_deleted"
and rename 'symboliclinks' into 'symboliclinks_deleted'

So that the deploy folder and symbolic link will be removed (as this facility does not exists on windows).

Once you have modified the "config_multisites", you should see the definition appears in the "JMS manage site" menu.

On a localhost, see also the user manual chapter 9 that show how to run on a localhost.
You will have to add in the URL the _host_=YOURDOMAIN to simulate a specific slave site domain.
edwin2win
graph

thanks
degard
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla