English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping
Re:Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Can you tell me what you have done to solve the problem.
I have tried to reproduce your problem on your server and it seems it has disappear.

All I see is that when you enable you administrator template, there are bugs in javascript of this template that may disturb the javascript used by JMS to referesh data upon screen.ยต

Perhaps also that the problem comes from GoogleGears because the javascript error concern a variable
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/29 21:20 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
1st we created the site and then created then template. problem sloved.

now am getting other issue.

while creating 2nd slave site, i wanted to create new database, so i selected <masterdb><database> and enter the new database details.while creating it gave message as unable to connect to database.then i changed <masterdb><database> to <slave1><database> site(eportaltwo.printreplica.com) is created with separate database, but its not working.

Please help me in this
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Create a DB dynamically is only possible if the MySQL user that you have provided in your master DB or in the multisites.cfg.php file has enough privileges.

If you are working with a hosting provider, may be you have to create the DB with the hosting server interface like cPanel before using it into a website.

When the DB does not exists, JMS try to create one using the MySQL login defined in multisites.cfg.php file see User Manual page 14.
If there is no "root" mySQL user provided in the multisites.cfg.php file, it uses the MySQL login and password that is present in the website to replicate (here in your case the master_db or slave1 DB ).
If those user have not enough privileges to create a new DB, this will return the kind of error message that you have mentionned.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/30 11:31 By edwin2win.

Re:Error code 500 - Template Site - Database mapping 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you very much edwin.

After giving 755 permissions to multisites.cfg.php, database created and site deployed properly, can you please let me know is there any other files i have to give permissions.

i am getting message as Zero Sized Reply or blank page while browsing the new slave(eportaltwo.printreplica.com).
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

I don't understand your reply with the 755 permission to the multisites.cfg.php.
I don't know if this is the file itself to which you give the permission or if this is in the content of this file that contain a variable with 0755.
If this is the variable, I don't understand because the default value is already 0755.

You have to check in the directory associated to the url eportaltwo.printreplica.com the files themselve.
Normally, you should have an index.php files with something inside and not a zeo size length.

Perhaps again you have permission issue to access some directories or files that may explain your blank page.

If this is a test websites I suggest that you put a chmod 777 recursivelly on all your websites to verify this hypothesis.
I suspect that you have problem with owner or group of file that are not unique for all your website and that may does not give your website access all the files.
edwin2win
graph

i had given chmod 777 to full directory. and while am browsing its coming inside the configuration.php in side the multsites/slave2/configuration.php, still site is not working.
hassanali20
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla