English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123456789
TOPIC: I cannot share users or jomsocial
Re:I cannot share users or jomsocial 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
as i wrote above, if one of the users of my website (a member of the jomsocial community) logs in www.mydomain.com, and after logging in, if he visits -for example-, news.mydomain.com, he needs to relogin to news.mydomain.com.

i don't want my users log in again and again in every subdomain they visit. because in every subdomain there will be comment extensions.

is there a solution for this?
cuneydyasin
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/08/26 07:56 By cuneydyasin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I cannot share users or jomsocial 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Have you really shared the users.
Normally when you share JomSocial, this not only share this extension but also standard Joomla Users and the sessions used to access the website.

So if the session tables are correctly shared and that you can check with JMS tools, normally it should keep its session.

The only element that may disturb the processing is the usage of cookies that may be domain specific.
I don't know if JomSocial use cookies.
edwin2win
graph

i still have that problem and i could not solve it.

i shared users and session correctly. i checked them from the tools.

but when i checked my slave 1 (www1) and slave1a (subdomain) websites in multisites menu i see the patch notification and in the check patches installation menu, i see this:

Not OK
•The routing wrapper is not present in this MASTER configuration file.
Actions:
◦Add 16 lines containing the routing wrapper to the slave site.

i added those lines to the configuration file of www1 and subdomain. i also set the chmods to 777.

when i do this and enter both www1.domain.com and subdomain.domain.com, there comes nothing: only blank pages.

i could not understand what i am doing wrong..
cuneydyasin
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

First JMS is not required in a slave site and this is normal that you see this patch reported as you are in a slave site.
This patch is only required for the master website and not for a slave site.

We recommend to install JMS only on the master website.
We never say to install JMS in a slave site.
Nowhere in the manual, tutorial video, ... we have say to install JMS in a slave site and to administrate website from a slave site.

JMS is supposed to be used from the master website only and in particular concerning the patches that only concern the master website.

The thing that you are probably doing wrong is that you try managing the slave sites from slave sites.

To avoid that an administrator try installing JMS patches from a slave site, we have disabled this functionality in JMS 1.2.0 RC5 and higher.
See www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x

All the slave site configuration.php file can not have any JMS wrapper.
Only the master website must have this wrapper.
Slave site use the standard Joomla configuration.php code (exculing all the JMS additional code).
edwin2win
graph

i never installed jms to slave sites. both jms s in my slave1 and slave1a are created automacially -like the other components are also created- when i created these websites by using jms.

now i deleted jms from slave1a. but i cannot delete jms from slave1.

because my slave 1 (www1) is a whole shared site to create a slave1a. so if i uninstall jms from this, the master website's jms will also be uninstalled.

i can give you one administrator and one user accounts with my domains and subdomains info if you give me a contact info of yours.
you can check the tools and see that session and all tables are correctly installed but users need to relogin when they visit any subdomain.
cuneydyasin
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/08/29 13:56 By cuneydyasin.

If JMS was installed on the slave site, this is perhaps because you have replicated your master website.

I just want to be sure that you don't try to administrate JMS from a slave site.

Becarefull that when you select "share whole site", this mean that in fact you re-use the same table prefix for the slave site.
This may explain why you see JMS in the slave site if you have enabled this checkbox.

The share whole site is used when in fact you want to have the identical website access from different domain name and for which you just want to be able modify very limited things.
When you deploy such "share whole website" into a speciifc directory this allows you for example to change the templates, change the image and medial (that may be a copied of the website).
This is not easy to use but allow providing a solution to some requirement when you want to have exactly the same website for all the slave site except minor changes (an very limites).

The most frequent use of JMS is when you don't enable the "share whole website"

You can check the DB Connection and table prefix of each website to know which are whole share or duplicated or independent.
This will be the element that would help you control the impact to un-install something.
You can either user the JMS manage site that give you an overview of DB and table prefix.
Or you can use the Joomla standard Global Configuration menu to retreive the DB connection informations.

The un-install is not required.
I have just mentioned that JMS must be administrate from the master webiste and not from a slave site.
If you know this contrain, you can always "browse" JMS in a slave site but don't try to administrate website from a slave site that may have unpredicatable result.
For the moment, the unpredicatable result identified concern the "Check patches" in which we have been disabled the "install patches".
We can not be guarentee that other side effect exist when trying administrate the slave site from slave sites.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/08/29 14:31 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 123456789
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla