English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: What is created into subfolder
Re:What is created into subfolder 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
hy!

i got the same error, if i create a slave site from the frontend:

Warning: require_once(/var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/includes/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/index.php(11) : eval()'d code on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/index.php(11) : eval()'d code on line 21

in the directory of the slave site, ther isn't a folder named 'includes' and also no file named 'default.php' - this is only in the directory of the master site. if i copy the 'includes' folder too, the next error is:

Warning: require_once(/var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/libraries/joomla/import.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/includes/framework.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/libraries/joomla/import.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/htdocs/usr44756/html/mainroot/multisites/u63test01/includes/framework.php on line 43

i think to copy the whole site is not the solution...

greetz
marcus
ifactory24
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What is created into subfolder 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Marcus,

When you deploy a slave site into a specifc directory, you should have symbolic links with the same directory structure than joomla.
Here it seems that you have not deployed the slave site into a specific directory or that you have a permission error that does not allow to create the symbolic links or that you have used a JMS template where you have ignored the directory, ....

So start to check the JMS template to ensure that you create the symbolic link and after that check that you don't have permission error when you create the slave site.

While you don't have reproduced the joomla directory structure in the deployed directory, this is normal that you received such errors.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/12/11 07:25 By edwin2win.

Re:What is created into subfolder 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hy Edwin,

the sites i've created from the backend as "Master Sites" for the template are working perfectly and the site i create from the front end - didn't work. that is, what i don't understand. all are in the same directory (/multisites)!!

on front-end site creation the site would be stored in the right directory and the database is created right also. but i have seen, that in the directory of the "front-end" created site there are index.php, index2.php files and logs and temp folders - these are not present in the back-end created sites.

another question is, why i dont need a symbolic link for the back end created sites but for the front-end created ones?

(for testing i have set ALL permissions to 777 - but the error is still there)

greetings

marcus
ifactory24
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/12/11 13:29 By ifactory24.

Re:What is created into subfolder 14 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Marcus,
both back-end and front-end works the same.
Therefore I don't understand why you say that you don't need the symbolic link when working from the back-end and that you need when from the front-end.

If you deploy a slave site into a speciifc directory, you need symbolic link in both cases (back-end and front-end).
Deploy slave site into a speciific directory = create symbolic links.
If the symbolic link are not created, this mean that there is an error (perhaps a permission error).

What is happening when you open / resave in the back-end a slave site create from the front-end. Does it works after resaved from the back-end.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla