English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: new slave site, blank page
Re: new slave site, blank page 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm having a similar problem... only this is not my first site to setup.
My Master site, is currently running 8 domains all using a seperate folder in my hosting account and using symlinks for the connection back to the master site. Those 8 sites are all working great.
I'm now trying to add a 9th site and when accessing the 9th domain instead of getting the Joomla installation wizard I get "No input file specified."

It looks like not all the files are getting copied over to the new folder, but I can't figure out why, or even know for sure if I'm correct or not. And the part that continues to bother me is that the other sites continue to work without a hitch including the one that I added just a few short weeks ago.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: new slave site, blank page 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
First in general, JMS multisites does not perform a copy of the directories but use Symbolic Links - except if you had changed it.

You mentioned that you are working with a new domain.
Something that you can start verifying is the configuration of you domain in your server (cPanel or similar). Verify the "document root" location assigned to your domain and perhaps put a very basic "hello word" text file in the root of this domain.
Just to verify that you have correctly setup the domain on your server.
Once you have the "hello world" displayed, you can return in JMS Multisites and verify that you have correctly defined the "deploy folder" path that must correspond to the "document root" full path.
Normally, you should have plenty of Symbolic Links created in this directory using the rule that you perhaps have defined in the "Website Template" that you have selected in the slave site definition.
edwin2win
graph

Re: new slave site, blank page 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank you for responding...

I had actually already created a test file inside the folder and verified that it was working. I have re-created this specific site inside of multisites several times. Each time it creates the new folders and symlink files/folders (and it is putting them in the same folder that my test file worked in) but it does not appear to be creating all of them, or it is not configuring them properly, as the only thing I get when going to the page is the previously stated white page with the text tat the top that says "No input file specified."
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: new slave site, blank page 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I found the solution today... It looks like a setting either in my master sites php.ini file or .htaccess file was causing the problem when JMS created a symlink for these files. I renamed the file in my slave site and the Joomla installation popped up... I think this should be documented somewhere as a possible problem and the way the JMS Component creates new slave sites should probably be modified to eliminate this from happening.
samhnky
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: new slave site, blank page 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for the feedback and your contribution.
edwin2win
graph

Re:new slave site, blank page 13 Years ago Karma: 0
I am having this same problem on a new installation of of JMS. I've used it before on the same server without problem. But now when I'm setting it up the slave sites are giving me blank pages - so, as you say, obvious server errors.

I can verify that the symbolic links are being correctly created and are working as expected.

I'm fairly certain it's a folder ownership error as my server provider requires a cgi wrapper in called from the .htaccess to give the scripts the proper ownership permission. I have checked and these lines are in the .htaccess file in the root multisites directory.

Any thoughts?
puffermedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla