English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr
Re:Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I also been trying this but i always get on my new slave domain the Joomla installer when i start the domain.

Tired multiple times!

I want a cloned website but using separated templates and separated contact forms!

Is this doable?
omdawe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you received the Joomla Installer, this is because you didn't define which website to replicate and not specified the new table prefix for the new websites.

If you do not select anything to replicate, you will always have a "fresh install".

Review for example the tutorial video 0.d and moreless at the middle, there is the replicMaster rule applied.
Redo it exactly like in the video.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0d
edwin2win
graph

Re:Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
If you received the Joomla Installer, this is because you didn't define which website to replicate and not specified the new table prefix for the new websites.

If you do not select anything to replicate, you will always have a "fresh install".

Review for example the tutorial video 0.d and moreless at the middle, there is the replicMaster rule applied.
Redo it exactly like in the video.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0d

New table prefix was the problem, Thanks!

I looked at the video 50 times.. heheh.. But what do the "share whole site" do?
omdawe
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Want to make only 1 slave site, duplicate of mastr 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
The "share whole" site is equivalent to use the same DB name with the same table prefix as the website to copy.
In fact you have 2 websites with exactly the same DB / table prefix but you can deploy the website into a specific directory and therefore, for example, use a specific images directory, specific templates directory, change the parameters in the "global configuration" to have another website title, use the Search/Replace plugin to have some variant of your website content depending on keywords, change the logo, ....

So you "share the whole" content of a website and after you can have limited variant of existing things.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/03/08 18:54 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla