English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Configuring A Slave Site To Use SEF URL's
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Configuring A Slave Site To Use SEF URL's
Re: Configuring A Slave Site To Use SEF URL's 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Nick,

you are kind and I have read your posts before, but if I need manually update the paths, then what is the sense of a frontend created billable website and site_alias?

It means I cannot automate frontend creation, right?

Let's see concrete. My site is weddingof.com, the frontend created site should be weddingof.com/bridenameandfiancename
The couple should find my site, pay, create and go.
Instead of this I should have correct the path after they have created their site, then write a message that you can go on, right?

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Configuring A Slave Site To Use SEF URL's 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If you created paid website creation from the front-end, you normally enabled the "billable website" functionality and purchased website quota.

In this case, you can add specific script in the menu item definition to perform additional task.
So you can create a specific php script that would update your .htaccess automatically once the website is created.

The specific script is only executed when billable website is enabled and that the website quota is available.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 10:53 By edwin2win.

Hi, no I haven't created paid website creation yet, but that is what I plan. But untill I don't see that it can work I don't buy billable website quota.

So, billable function is disabled. First, I am trying the frontend creation issue.

Then please let me summarize:
If I buy billable website quota, you can provide a specific script that can solve this folder issue, and I can have mydomain.com/{site_id} with mydomain.com/anydirectory working. Correct?

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Configuring A Slave Site To Use SEF URL's 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I will not provide you script.
YOU will be able to execute something that you would write in the "On deploy success" present in the menu item.

You could for example write something to
- open the .htaccess file present in the directory deployed
- Read all the content
- Replace the string "rewriteBase ..." but "something new
- Write the result into the .htaccess

If you want to create a specific plugin instead of using the "On deploy success" field, this is also possible.
See user manual chapter 4.2 that describe how to define script for additional specific processing.

If you want that we create a specific plugin for you, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 11:39 By edwin2win.

Dear Edwin,

although I know CSS, HTML and some PHP, but I am not a programmer. If I would, I think I wouldn't use CMS systems.

I hope you understand I am not against you, but please help me to understand, that
- Why is it possible to provide a mydomain.com/{site_id} domain with {user_id}{site_prefix} directory name, if it only works when the folder name and the site_id is the same (shortly the path is the same as the domain given)?
- What is the sense of the frontend creation and the billable site, if users cannot automatically get their mysite.com/{site_alias} website?

I bought my second subscription by you because of these possibilitites.

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla