English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Add Site ID param within article/module /language
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Add Site ID param within article/module /language
Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:

What you seems describing is to have the possibility in the "Multi Sites" menu item (component) to compute a redirect URL using a kewords inside the URL.

Does this mean that the URL will automatically redirect to the slave site if it already exists?

Or does this mean that it will re-direct to a static page that displays the error message like I want it to display?

Is it easier to automatically redirect to the slave site (if it already exists) or is it easier to display an error message containing the {site_id} that already exists?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years ago Karma: 54
When using the "Multisites Create Site" module, you have setup a "Item ID" where must be posted the request.
In this menu item, you have setup the "redirect URL" where you can put in the URL the {site_prefix} or {site_alias}

So check the "menu item" that you referenced in the "Multisites Create Site" module and setup the Redirect URL with a parameter based on the keyword that I mentioned.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/04/14 12:59 By edwin2win.

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

This sounds good. I haven't tested it yet however is it not possible to use the keyword {site_id} in the redirect URL? Why is there only {site_alias} and {site_prefix} allowed?

Also, what are the types of errors that can lead the user to the error redirect page.

I'm only aware of the error when a site ID already exists. Are there any other potential errors that would trigger the redirect?

I ask this because I am wondering if we need to build multiple error redirects for the different types of potential errors.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Add Site ID param within article/module /language 12 Years ago Karma: 54
Normally, the {site_id} is not available in the front-end because normally the front-end should compute the site ID based on the Site Prefix or Site Alias.

In addition, we consider the {site_id} as a sensitive information that we should be avoided to be displayed in the front-end.

Any "not success" error can lead to the "on error" redirect.
This can be the Site ID already exists but plenty of other reason like maximum of slave site reached, disk full, permission error, ....
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla