English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Administrator Main-Slave are the same
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Administrator Main-Slave are the same
Re:Administrator Main-Slave are the same 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Well, I think I figured it out!

Is it true that when you create a replication site, that all the content is shared. and a new slave site is unique content.. ! perhaps this is how it works?

when I do make a new slave site, from the master, choose the MASTER DB as the template, everything does get copied over and works beautifully, It would be nice to be able to set, like with the templates, which are sym links and which are copied and which are ignored. because each of the new slave sites, have sym links to itself and the others. for example

domain/joomla/ main site
domain/joomla/la - slave site
domain/joomla/us - slave site

the slave sites have symlinks to themselves and other slave sites so you have a recurssive linking.!!

domain/joomla/la/us/la/us/la/la/us/us etc...or
domain/joomla/us/us/us/us/us/us/us

I am manually removing the symlinks to .htaccess and the delpoy sites folders to stop this.

Another note.

Why does the slave sites have the JMS component., I should probably remove them from the slave sites install. right?!!

NICE NICE work on this component. Who, you guys are awesome!!
infin6
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Administrator Main-Slave are the same 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
infin6 wrote:

When creating a slave site without using the template, the back end admin is unique.
when we create a duplicate of the MASTER using a template. the front end has the new name, but when you go to the back end, it is the same for the master and the slave.

I am sorry , but I also have the same problem. I have created a subsite(say s1) abd it has got the unique admin section. I have made a few changes in the template css files. Now I have created another slave site(say s2) which replicate all the contents of s1. I am getting the contents with a change in the template. Now when I try to change the default template of s2, it is redirected to the admin section of the master site. Could anyone please explain me how can I overcome this issue..? I have to add unique content to s2, but the modules and the components are same as s1. I think it is possible with JMS . I am sorry if this post is a repetition. I could not understand the solution given .Please consider it as urgent as reply as soon as possible.
alwinaugustin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla