English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can I do this with JMS?
Can I do this with JMS? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a site that regroup all the hockey junior in Quebec, Canada. I like to give to some registered users of the ability to create their own small, customizable web sites base on few predeterminate templates.
Associations, teams and other should be able to modify their site look, Headers, logo, colors and contents. I don’t want to mix any part of the multi sites with the main site, administration or database, only an entry towards the multi sites, the best will be a kind of visual directory linkink to the each sites and an administration entry for the administrators and publisher.

Can I do something like that?
Chacapamac
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I do this with JMS? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't understand all your question (requirement).

With JMS each website must be considered as totally independent.
Therefore, to create articles, content, modify themes (template) parameters such as logo, colors, ..., you need to give an administrator permission to the user that will manage the website. This will give them to customize their website.
Therefore, the administration of each website is totally independent and there is NO central management from the master website except to define the slave site URL and which directories that must be specific.

JMS share all the files and folders present on the disk.
With Unix platform and when symbolic link is allowed, you can deploy the slave site into a specific folder to allow saving specific files for the specific slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla