English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Why am I getting this????
Why am I getting this???? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I followed the video, settings say " Unix Symbolic Links: Allowed "
But know matter what i do I get this???

JFTP::connect: Could not connect to host "xxxxxxxxx.com" on port 21
Unable to create the symbolic link [administrator] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/administrator].
Unable to create the symbolic link [cgi-bin] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/cgi-bin].
Unable to create the symbolic link [components] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/components].
Unable to create the symbolic link [images] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/images].
Unable to create the symbolic link [includes] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/includes].
Unable to create the symbolic link [installation] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/installation].
Unable to create the symbolic link [installation22] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/installation22].
Unable to create the symbolic link [language] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/language].
Unable to create the symbolic link [libraries] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/libraries].
Unable to create the symbolic link [media] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/media].
Unable to create the symbolic link [mm5] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/mm5].
Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/modules].
Unable to create the symbolic link [multisites] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/multisites].
Unable to create the symbolic link [plugins] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/plugins].
Unable to create the symbolic link [webalizer] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/webalizer].
Unable to create the symbolic link [xmlrpc] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/xmlrpc].
Unable to create the symbolic link [.htaccess] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/.htaccess].
Unable to create the symbolic link [INSTALL.php55] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/INSTALL.php55].
Unable to create the symbolic link [WS_FTP.LOG] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/WS_FTP.LOG].
Unable to create the symbolic link [default.css] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/default.css].
Unable to create the symbolic link [htaccess.txt] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/htaccess.txt].
Unable to create the symbolic link [robots.txt] -> [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/robots.txt].
richard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Why am I getting this???? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
This is because you are using the FTP layer configured with Joomla.
See the Joomla Global Configuration / Server settings.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Why am I getting this???? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok....turned ftp off and now I get this?

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create the Site ID directory: [/home/virtual/site31/fst/var/www/html/multisites/xxxxxxxxx]
richard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Why am I getting this???? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Also.....?????

With FTP turned off, I can not create a template......says template created but nothing is there??????

Turned FTP back on and created the template and it then worked ????

what am I suppose to do here????????????
richard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Why am I getting this???? 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Try to check the permission of the /multisites directory and /multisites/xxx directory to increase them and give chmod 777.

If symbolic link can not be created, this is generally due to a problem of permission.
This also explain why you have enabled FTP to try bypass this permission problem.

If you don't arrive to give permission, the only solution will be to NOT use the deploy directory feature.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla