English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave Sites
Slave Sites 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,
A couple of questions for yoy.

If i want my slave sites to have the same "look as the master site, ie templates, components ,links and so on, do i just put everything in the master site and then create the slave sites.

Thus when creating the slaves jms will use the master database with the comps, templates and links etc
Is this correct ?

Regards
Peter
australian
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slave Sites 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
You can effectivelly replicate the master website to clone it and therefore create a slave site identical to the master website.
Remember that this is a copy at a certain time and therefore the content will not be synchronized between the master and the slave site.
In general, I don't recommend to replicate the master website because this also give the access to the JMS administration from the slave site.
If you don't provide the "Super Administration" login and password to somebody else, this can be OK.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Slave Sites 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay thanks,

Also when i deploy a slave site, the joomla installer lets me install the slave site.
But when im finished the slave site is a basic joomla install, not a clone of the master site ( templates etc etc )
Any ideas on why ?

Regards
Peter
australian
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Slave Sites 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to clone (replicate) a website, you have to use the "website template" to define the rule and after select the "website template" in the defintiion of the slave site.
See tutorial video step 13 that explain the "website templat" in the case of the front-end (but can also be used from the back-end).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla