English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

problem to be solved before you buy your component
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: problem to be solved before you buy your component
problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Let's see if I can explain what I need and if your little part to help me solve my problem, I make you an example so I better explain:
let's have a site that talks about cars that is called www . car . com I would like to create a sub-folder where I put a directory of all the car dealerships of the nation such as Italy (www.car.com / car-dealers) and I create the directory using the component sobi2 then I would create another subfolder where I go to create a directory of auto spare parts (www.car.com / spare parts) and so on with other 7-8 with as many sub directory always created with the sobi2 same component.
you can do with your component or not?
I tried to try to install the same component sobi2 several times in the same db for joomla but it is not possible and therefore I can do with your component.
The other important thing is this homepage I would like to upload joomla modules sobi2 type inserted last taken by the various subdirectories.
Thanks
riga75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
stefano
Last Edit: 2009/03/19 13:38 By riga75.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Concerning SOBI2, JMS works with it.
I know that this is a huge component that sometimes is difficult to install.
With JMS, once it will be installed in a website, you could create another website in the same DB that will result by its replications. This should reduce your problem to install it multiple times.

With JMS, you can effectivelly create such directory structure as you have defined.
You will just have to create the directory before to ask JMS deploy it.
By default, JMS creates the slave sites into /multisites/xxxx directory).
When you create slave site from the front-end, you can customize JMS to execute special script before creating the website. You could for example automatically create the directory you want. This kind of customisation is available when you enable the JMS "billable website" functionaliity.

Create website based on your SOBI2 data, the answer is NO.
JMS provides its own interface to define the website creation.
There is a back-end and a front-end functionality.

If you want to create a website based on SOBI2 data, this should be a specific component that could make a bridge with JMS in aim to call JMS to perform the website creation.
If you have developped something for SOBI2 that automatically create all the directory you want, you could perhaps automatically redirect your specific directory creation to the JMS website creation. This could be a URL with a correct form data.

JMS will be able to create the delears or spare part website once the directory will be created. You will have to specify the manually and not automatically based on the SOBI2 data.
edwin2win
graph

Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Meanwhile excuse why I speak so little English ....
We solve a question at a time:
I am with you can install a component Sometimes the only component sobi2 and then with your component can duplicate it as many times as you want and he creates subdomains, right?
riga75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
stefano

Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
YES, if you replicate a website in JMS, as you copy all the tables with their content to create the new site, this means that after the replication an identical website with all its extensions installed.
If the website contains SOBI2, it will be replicated (cloned).

This is true for any extension that you have installed on the website that you have decided to replicate.
edwin2win
graph

Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
YES, if you replicate a website in JMS, as you copy all the tables with their content to create the new site, this means that after the replication an identical website with all its extensions installed.
If the website contains SOBI2, it will be replicated (cloned).

This is true for any extension that you have installed on the website that you have decided to replicate.

Ok, perfect, but then I can manage on their own subdomains, that can install in a domain and a component in another component, right?
riga75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
stefano

Before install any component, it must be installed on the master website first.
The slave site can only re-install components that already exisits on the master websites.
If a component is not installed on the master, you can not install it on a slave.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla