English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

problem to be solved before you buy your component
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: problem to be solved before you buy your component
Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
Before install any component, it must be installed on the master website first.
The slave site can only re-install components that already exisits on the master websites.
If a component is not installed on the master, you can not install it on a slave.

Thank you very much, we put the case that after a year I need to install a new component, I from what I understand I have to install it in the master and the slave right?
The contents can be different but the master site and slave site, right?
riga75
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
stefano
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:problem to be solved before you buy your component 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
YES.
The extension must be installed first on the master to ensure that PHP files are installed correctly on the disk.
Later the slave site will re-install (overwrite) exactly the same files on the disk but also create and fill the specific DB tables required by the component.
As each websites has its own DB or at least different table prefix, this means the the content is specific for each websites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla