English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre sale question?
Pre sale question? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi,

Actually i dont know whether i ended up in right place or not after a long search.

I will give my requirements, Pls advise me whether your JMS is capable doing that or not.
If not pls advise me any other component is capable of doing it if you know.

My requirements,

Im planning to develop a wedding website based on joomla 1.5

I need my site's user to have the ability to create a new personalized website with the URL like
userwebsite.mydomain.com (which is a slave site)

This slave site can be created with different themes provided. Important , the user website should have personalized blog, forum, video and photo galleries etc,.(very important is contents of the main site's blog, forum, video and photo galleries etc,. should NOT be copied to the my user's slave site, ie it should be like completely new)

One backend admin for all sites which is the master site (mydomain.com).
If possible one mysql database.

I have seen wedding site with ability to create personalized site for the user(even i remember, i saw one in joomla based), but i have not seen one with personalized blog, forum etc,.

So my best example site for my requirements is ning.com

I dont know whether with your components i can able to develop a site like this. So, please advice me on this.

Thank you,
Rahul
rahulbind
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/04/06 16:53 By rahulbind.Reason: correction
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre sale question? 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Dear Rahul,
JMS can do almost everything that you one except having a unique administration of all the webiste.
With JMS, you can create a small website without any content but with pre-installed blog, forum, photo galleries components, ....
Once you have defined the "fresh" website that will be used by your customers, you can define in JMS a "Website Template" rule that will use this "fresh" website as the one that will be replicated for your customers.
This will give to your customer a new website that will be the replication of the one that you will have created as template.

JMS gives the possibility to offer the website creation from the front-end.
This means that you could propose this service to your customer and up to you to propose them one or several "website template" ready to use.

JMS does not share the content between the websites.
This mean that the articles, forum, new, USERS, .... will be totally independent.
As the users are specific to each website, this means that if you want to also administrate the websites, you will have to login on each individual websites.

I suggest you have a look to the video present in the tutorial.
See the Step 0 that present the concept
and the step 13 that present the case of a websites creation from the front-end.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla