English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

adding components to slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: adding components to slave site
adding components to slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 0
hey how do you add a component to a slave site......... I've tried to do that but I get an error that says that the component is not installed in the master site......... I have some other stuff going on with the master site that the slave was made from also but its hard to explain so I made a 4 minute video of my situation and if you can view it and let me know what you think, that would be great. Thanks again.

www.divergentcom.net/files/jms-help.html
27midwest1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:adding components to slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 54
As the error message tells you, you have to install the extension on master website first.
Once it is present on the master website, you can re-install it on the slave site.

You must consider the Master website as the repository of ALL the extensions.
They must be present on the master before to re-use them into a slave site.

If you have the same error message when you try to install it from what you thing is a master website (like see in the video), this is because you are NOT on the master website.
A master website is a domain or a sub-domain that is NOT present in any list of website managed in JMS.
Check the table prefix in the Global Configuration if you are not sure that you are on your master website. This is the tips that I use to ensure that I am connected on the appropriate website.
Normally, JMS should only be installed on the master website except if you have replicated the master website to create slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/04/29 09:36 By edwin2win.

Re:adding components to slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 0
okay so that leads me to this point.............. when I initially set up JMS, it tried to install a new joomla installation but I stopped it because once it did that, I checked the installation and it had none of the components or modules that I had installed in the master site and I did not want to recreate the website all over again. So what should I do. What I want is this:

I want to be able to create slave sites what not only have their own virtuemart store but also have the ability to update each site with new features such as new modules, plugins and components.

I also would love to be able to do this on all slave sites all at once, even though each site must somehow be unique unto itself because they represent individual users.

Would this be at all possible. Please let me know.

Thanks
27midwest1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:adding components to slave site 15 Years ago Karma: 54
NO you can not update all the websites automatically.
JMS does NOT share the content between the website.

The only thing that you can do is to replicate a website with all its content.
Use the "Website Template" to define the replication rule.
You can like that clone your master website.

Once this is done, if you install an extension on the master, you will have to re-install it on the existing website. The installation of new feature wil not be autormaically pushed in the slave site. You will have to repeat the installation.

Only the update of exisitng extension area automatically available in all the slave sites where it was installed. This is because you update the exiting files and folders present on the disk and that the DB is already setup to recognize the extension.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/05/01 08:40 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla