English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Pre-sales question
Pre-sales question 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Edwin,

From what I've been reading, this looks like the answer I've been looking for, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I set up slave sites with their own domain names, so long as they reside on the same server? For example, if my master site is www.master.com, can I set up sites like www.slave1.com, www.slave2.com, etc?

2) Is there an option, when a slave site is configured, to automatically add the administrator information? So, could I have it add the same admin account for every site I set up?

3) I use www.site5.com for hosting. Is there a way to configure your app to aoutomatically add the hosting account with them, under my reseller account?

Number 3 is not a big deal, and most likely outside the scope of your product. In any case, I am very ready to buy, pending your answers.

Peace, and thanks!!!
Rick
momentis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pre-sales question 15 Years ago Karma: 54
Q1) YES, JMS recognize domain (www.slave1.com), sub-domain (slave.master.com) and sub-directories (www.master.com/slave).

Q2) YES, you can do that when you create a slave site using a "website template". See an example in the video present in the tutorial step 13

Q3) With JMS billable website feature, you can add your own code when creating a slave site to modify other information. Up to you to write the PHP code that perform such hosting configuration and that will be called by JMS during the website creation. You can also create a plugin that will do such thing and that will be called by JMS when creating a website from the front-end.
See User Manual chapter 4.2 page 35.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Pre-sales question 15 Years ago Karma: 0
You've sold me! I'm going right over to purchase...
momentis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Pre-sales question 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Just purchased the product. I can't wait to fire this up!!!!!!!!!!
momentis
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla