English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisites with component bridge
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites with component bridge
Multisites with component bridge 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am using multi-sites with CMS Realty bridge. What the bridge requires is that it is installed in the root directory of the site.

My question is if i want to install this bridge on more than one multi-site - what is the folder structure for me to follow to install the bridge in the "root" folder of each site.

Your assistance is appreciated..!
GaloreCrew
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisites with component bridge 15 Years ago Karma: 54
You can install the component on the root.
You can either create "fresh" slave site and in this case, you will have to re-install the extension. The re-installation is to overwrite the existing files of an extension with exactly the same version that the one previously installed. This is the reason why JMS require to have the extension installed on the master website before to re-install it on a slave site. JMS will check the extension name and version to ensure this is exactly the same extension.

A second possibility is to use the JMS website template functionality that consists to define a replication rule. In this case, you can ask to replicate your master website to create a slave site. This avoid to re-install the component.

When Symbolic Link is allowed and you decide to deploy a slave site into a specific directory, this website will have its own root directory. By deafault, JMS will create a Symbolic Link on all the root files and folders present in the maste website.
This will also give exactly the same directory structure and therefore you component should be also available.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla