English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Questions about database, subdomains & banners
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Questions about database, subdomains & banners
Questions about database, subdomains & banners 15 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi: I´ve bought this component and I think is great. Also support is awesome. I only have a few questions...

1- If we buy additional quota for billable websites for example x 10, does the quota expires on an specific date or it last forever for those sites?

2- Is there a way to limit the number of site that an user can create, to avoid any user to upload unlimited unnecessary sites?

3- Can I add banners in slave sites in a way the administrator of slave can not remove them, just the master? Or I should just add them into the template html code?

4- I need my slave sites to have this address...

www.myslave.mymaster.com/

Instead of...

www.mymaster.com/multisites/myslave/

Do you have a .htaccess code that transforms the subdirectories onto subdomains? How can I do it automatically, without having to create the subdomain manually on cpanel?

5- Last question: I´ve tried to configure the component to create a unique DB on each slave site installation, but I don´t figure it out how to do it, what is the process for doing so?

Thanks again for your great work!!!

dglite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/05/06 14:04 By dglite.Reason: missing question
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Questions about database, subdomains & banners 15 Years ago Karma: 54
Q1) There is no expiration limit for the quota.
The website quota are attached to your jms2win login.
They are share between all the JMS master website registrer with the same jms2win login.

Q2) NO there is no limitation in the number of website that can be created from the front-end.
The only limitation is your website quota.

Q3) I don't think you can avoid a slave administrator to remove the banner. Event if you change the themes. I think it could edit the template from the back-end.
Perhaps you have to consider give a simple "manager" for the back-end and not a "super administrator".

Q4) You can create slave site with sub-domain but you will have to configure your CPanel.
Try modify the htaccess will not help you as the hosting server will reject the sub-domain as it is not defined.
If you have a full control of your server, you can in JMS call a "before" or "after" script when creating a slave site from the front-end.
This give you the possibility to execute additional things and also use the JMS field like "site_prefix", "site_alias", ...
See User Manual.

Q5) The creation of slave with specific DB is only available from the back-end and when you create "fresh" slave site using the Joomla installation procedure.
Otherwise, when creating a slave site based on a "website template", the children website are saved into the DB defined in the "Website Template"
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla