English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: JMS, Virtuemart and Paypal
JMS, Virtuemart and Paypal 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey got a question:

Heres the deal......... as previously stated, I have a site that I have created and I replicating it several times over.... each replicated site has its own virtuemart store and the problem that I am having is that when I go to edit the payment method form in the VM configuration, and change lets say, the paypal email address that is associated with a specific paypal account, it changes that email address in all subsequent websites instead just the current one being edited. I need to have the virtuemart stores be associated with specific accounts...... is this possible?

Do I need to change the VM table extention within Virturemart to the extenstion of the replicated table. By default its set to vm within the backend of Virtuemart but when I checked the sql tables for this particular repliacated site, the Virtuemart tables are SAvm (what I set for this particular site). Just found out that I can't change this in the backend of Virtuemart, so now what?
27midwest1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/05/13 18:04 By 27midwest1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:JMS, Virtuemart and Paypal 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem with PayPal method is that it save its configuration on the disk.
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\payment\ps_paypal.cfg.php

This is the way that all the VirtueMart payment method save their configuration.
If you want to have a specific PayPal configuration, you perhaps should modify the payment extra info associated to the PayPal payment method and conditin your email address based on the MULTISITES_ID variable. The MULTISITES_ID is the variable where JMS save the current site id selected.
edwin2win
graph

Re:JMS, Virtuemart and Paypal 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
so how would I go about doing this? I'm kinda confused...........please elaborate a bit more.
27midwest1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

VirtueMart payment method save the configuration(S) on the disk depending on the payment method selected as show in the path that I have given to you (....ps_paypal.cfg.php).
This file is unique as it is located on the disk.
If you want to have different PayPal account, you have to change the Payment Extra Info that is defined in the VirtueMart payment method in such a way that you take into account the JMS slave ID that is used (The MULTISITES_ID).
In other word if MULTISITES_ID = xxxx then put your value.
You can test which slave site you are executing with this parameter.
edwin2win
graph

Re:JMS, Virtuemart and Paypal 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, 27midwest1,

I'm also interested in this topic as I will face the same problem.

Edwin, do you mean that at components->virtuemart->store->list payment methods->paypal->configuration->payment extra info , adding something like below in the beginning?

if( MULTISITES_ID == "xxx" ) {
PAYPAL_EMAIL=myemail@myemail.com;
;
;
}

However, every slavesite will share the same ps_paypal.cfg.php and same configuration. Unless we put all configuration into the above codes. Seems not a very good solution.

Is it possible we did similar hack like you did to virtuemart.cfg.php, so that every site can have different ps_paypal.cfg.php,...and other payment methods?

Many virtuemart users need this feature..

Many thanks.

Seth
KingoftheRoad
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Your sample is moreless good.
You also have to check if the MULTISITES_ID is defined.

My purpose is not to rewrite VirtueMart and its way it works.
Sorry but I will not try to modify VirtueMart to have several configuration files for each payment method.
This is a way that is used by VirtueMart for ALL the payment method.
Unfortunatelly, the VirtueMart concept consists to have the payment configuration saved on disk.
As the number of payment method is unlimited and can not defined, it is very hard to create as specific patch for all possible payment method.

Why do you say that it is important to have specific paypal account as you are the owner of all the websites.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/05/14 20:27 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla