English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Separate member registration page for slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Separate member registration page for slave sites
Separate member registration page for slave sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
How can we create a different member registration page for the slave site, rather than the one in the master site?
tonypuls
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Separate member registration page for slave sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't understand your question.

When you create a slave site, it is independent.
Therefore it has its own registration form and store the customers in its own DB table prefix.

In JMS 1.0.x, it is not possible to share the users as this is the case with the new JMS 1.2.x.

As each slave site is independent, you can also install several templates and select different one for each slave site.

Starting with JMS 1.1.x, it is possible to have specific themes (template) directory that would also have different layout.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Separate member registration page for slave sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I will explain what I was trying to say.

I need to keep two different types of registration form in the master site as well as the slave sites. So that I can use different form fields for the master site registration form and slave site registration form. How can I isolate these member registration forms to make this possible?
tonypuls
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Separate member registration page for slave sites 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
As I don't understand, give me the procedure you are using to do that with a standard joomla ( the case where you are not using JMS).
How do you define 2 registrations form in a single website with a standard Joomla ?

You can apply the same procedure in your master websites.

If your question is to have 1 registration form in the master website and a second registration form into the slave site with a different layout, then the answer is that you can select different joomla themes (templates) corresponding to the different layout.

Each slave site can select it own default themes (template).

If your question is to have 2 registration form in the master website and 2 registration form in the slave site, then I don't understand and ask you to tell me how you are doing that today with a standard Joomla. Perhaps you are using different component or extension to manage the different registration form. As I don't know how you are doing that today , please give more detail.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/30 17:45 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla