English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Anybody using multisites on production site ??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Anybody using multisites on production site ??
Anybody using multisites on production site ?? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Since I am struggling for days to make this component work (permission issues among other things), I am willing to know if there is anybody using that component for real on a trafficked-website (5000 visitors daily at least)... Edwin told me there are hundreds ... so raise your hands !
Loki
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Anybody using multisites on production site ?? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
www.jms2win.com is itself a slave site into production.
You can also have a look in the testimonial JMS 1.1.x where you will find some customer that have posted some testimonail

Here for example some post where they provide their websites
www.jms2win.com/forum?func=view&id=115&catid=19

Here it is another one that say it maintain more than 50 websites with JMS
www.jms2win.com/forum?func=view&id=178&catid=19

Here it is also a document provided by one our customers and in which he has published some information and contact
www.jms2win.com/media/joomla_multisites/config_cpanel.pdf

You can also have a look in the review pubished by Joomla .org
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en.../5550/details#action

Personnally, I can not provide you the URL of all the websites where the customers have installed JMS because I respect their privacy.

All you could expect is that some of our customers would be kind to reply to you.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Anybody using multisites on production site ?? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Seems to me that the guy wrote " he intends to build 50 sites" ...

On the WWW, 1% of the websites get 90% of the traffic, 50% get let than 5 visits per day. Popular Joomla components showcase sites that are using their stuff.

Do you have any customers that has REAL traffic ?, real URL, not some obscure unverified post ...

Thanks,

LK
Loki
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Anybody using multisites on production site ?? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
YES I have plenty of customer that are using JMS in production but I repeeat that I can not publish this information if the customer does not provide me the authorisation.

If you don't trust the review in Joomla.org or the testimonial of my customer and that you don't trust my customers that post messages in the forum that thanks me to have help them find solutions to their problem then this is your right.

Sorry if I don't publish the list of all my customers but this is confidential and I respect their privacy.

Cocnerning your permisson issue, there are plenty answer in the forum that explain that.
If you don't know how to solve it, contact the admniistrator of your servers that probablly can help you for that.
I had already replied to you that in most of cases, the Joomla FTP Layer may solve this kind of problem. See tutorial step 15.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/07/25 17:22 By edwin2win.

Re:Anybody using multisites on production site ?? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Loki,

I have been successfully using Edwins component Since december 2008 with over 20 domains (a couple large sites 5K+ Daily).

As this component is simply giving joomla a different configuration.php file and using symlinks to spoof the working directory there is no additional overhead to using this multisites component or by hosting or a bunch of singular sites on the same server. As there is no additional overhead traffic is arbitarilly based on Joomla, not Multisites.

I hope you pull through the frustration, which sounds like may be host related
This compontent is beneficial in the end.

Cheers
Phill
xtremex
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I've been using JMS since last October 2008. My single copy of Joomla 1.9 is now serving multiple websites smooth. Performancewise, I am not worrying too much for using JMS since the engine is still Joomla and JMS is just a switch. I am more concerned with maintenance, and I am happy to have only one copy of Joomla to upgrade.

Cheers,
tuan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla