English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sharing Users explained
Sharing Users explained 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

Attached to this post is a picture of my Multisites > Tools screen

Tate property is the Master site for "colonialMaster". Tate property has User Sharing "On". However, I want colonialMaster, to turn sharing off. I want all of colonialMaster's slaves to only have the Admin user. I tried turning User Sharing "off" in the template but it does not matter.

I even tried turning User Sharing off from the Tate Master, and re-saving colonialMaster but that did not matter either.

How can I do this?

My other question is, I have colonialMaster all done and completed and configured like I want it. Is there a way, I can break it out of the Tate Master site and make it it's master like Tate Master and Cord Master as shown in the picture?

Thanks,

Buddy
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sharing Users explained 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Once website is created with users shared, the MySQL tables corresponding to the users are present. If you want to change a "shared users" into a physical copy, you need to use PHPMyAdmin to drop the views created to share the users.
This will allows you to rebuild the table based on the new rule defined in the JMS template. When a table (or a view) exists, JMS does NOT update it. You have to drop (delete) it manually. So you keep the control.
Becarefull that if the "parent" website share the users with something else, this will rebuild a sharing (because the parent share it).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla