English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How do I make the transition...?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How do I make the transition...?
How do I make the transition...? 11 Years ago Karma: 0
We have JMS Multi-Site on our website, which is for a Region of a 12 Step organization. Underneath our domain are 10 sub-domains for various small Intergroups in our Region. Using Multi-Site, they are pointing to the files on our main website/domain.

However...

I want to move our Main Domain (and eventually all of the sub-domains) to Joomla 3.0 (the sites are currently in Joomla 1.5, a security nightmare).

I have the main website almost all done. I will be buying the newest version of Multi-Site once the main website is live (the 3.0 version). However, I want to do this in stages.

Is there for me to move the old Joomla 1.5 website to a separate directory and then have the sub-domains POINT to that directory (while I put the new directory in the main public_html of the domain)?

Then, I have to make up Joomla 3.0 versions of the sub-domains one by one and then "point" the new ones to the new Joomla 3.0 installation.

Does this sound like an achievable plan? If so, could someone help point me in the direction of how I would go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

-- John Kiernan, Region 2 of OA webmaster
kiernan7
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I make the transition...? 11 Years ago Karma: 54
If you want to migrate the master from J1.5 to J3.0, you also have to convert all the slave site that are runing under this master.

Before to migrate, we recommend that you first update all the extension in your J1.5 to have the extension compatible with J3.0 (or at least J2.5)

To migrate a website, we recommend that you use the SPUpgrade extension that allow "import" a J1.5 DB content into a J3.0 website.

With the JMS 1.3.x maintenance menu, you could also fix the potential DB issue that you may encounter during the migration. It will help you verifying the DB structure of the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla