English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can I make an exact replica of a slave site?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Can I make an exact replica of a slave site?
Can I make an exact replica of a slave site? 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have set up a slave site and populated it with menus, modules, content, a template and extensions. Can I make an exact replica of the site so that all the menus, modules, and content appear in the new site? I would like to new site to have its own directory and database.

I tried to do this using the "New Like..." feature, but it created a new site that did not contain any of the content from the original site.

Thanks,
Eddie
eddie_konczal
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I make an exact replica of a slave site? 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
"New Like" button allow to edit the rule selected and allows you updating its name.

If you want to replicate (clone, copy) an existing website, you need to create a JMS template rule where you select the website to replicate.

See for example the JMS template rule replicMasterXXXX that use the "master" website as template site to replicate.
You can use the "new like" button to get inspired of these set of replicXXXX rules and build you own replication of an existsing site.

The key element is to select the "template site" that is the websites that is used as template to build the new site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Can I make an exact replica of a slave site? 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the response. Is creating a template rule the same as going to Components > MultiSites > Templates and clicking "New"?
vosseler
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Can I make an exact replica of a slave site? 10 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
YES and you can also get inspired of an existing JMS template rule and use the "New Like" that open the existing one and let you change its name.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla