English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Load Testing Recommendations?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Load Testing Recommendations?
Load Testing Recommendations? 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin

I am running on Joomla 2.5.4 and JMS 1.2.95

I now have 520 slave sites in sub-domains connected to my main domain, and the slave sites get slower the more I add, so I am about to upgrade from a Host Gator Level 9 Unmanaged VPS Server to a Hostgator Pro Dedicated Server.

My question is do you have any places you would recommend for Load Testing, as I would like someone who would be able to look for any bottlenecks in the system of sites I have.

Thank you
richdean77
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Load Testing Recommendations? 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
There are several places that can be analyzed and fine tune.
- The MySQL performance
- The JMS settings to disable the "refresh icon". This affect the back-end only.
- In case of JMS 1.3.x, it is possible to avoid creating the master index that grow each time that you create a website and replace it by an hardcoded rule that can be present in the "multisites_userexit.php". So that, the "master index" remain small and the number of website does not affect its size. The "master index" is read each time that is page is accessed in the back-end AND front-end.
It is used to retreive the relationship between the domain name and the site ID.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla