English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg..
Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg.. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi all,

JMS is a really wonderful component. Before using ist I have some questions:

1. Make slave sites to self standing site
If I have a slave site and I will make sometimes an own (selfstanding) website of it, can I move it out of JMS?

2. Win-Devserver and Linux-Liveserver
I have a Devserver on Win7 and the liveserve ris a linux server. How can I copy my web from dev to live? At this moment I am unsing XCloner to a) backup the live-webs and b) to copy/move the webs from dev to liveserver.

3. Modules, Plugins
I can read allways of components. What is wit modules and plugins. Are they also installed for master and slave sites. Are the modulpositions of slave like them in masterso I can change them then after installing? And if I will reinstall a module/plugin for master and all slaves - how can I do that?

Thanks an best regards

king.lui
king.lui
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg.. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
1) If you want to move a slave site to convert it into a standalone website, this is possible with a manual procedure.
In fact the Joomlla DB is perfectly identical to the standard one except if you are using the sharing functionality.
That mean that you can backup and restore the DB for its content.
You can also backup the PHP code of your master website to move it into another place.
Once you will have move it, you will have to change the DB connection to reflect the new DB place.
You will also have to un-install JMS and replace the master configuration file with the slave configuration file.

In summary, copy the Master and the DB into a new location and after remove JMS and replace the master configuration with the slave configuration file.

2) I don't know those Win-Deserver and Linux-LiveServer
All I can tell you is that you can develop your website on a localhost and also simulate real domain name in JMS. See user manual that describe the particular case concerning the usage of JMS on a localhost.
Personnally, I perform a tar.gz to backup the PHP code and PHPMyAdmin to perform the backup (export) / restore (import). I use PHPMyAdmin because some tools like JoomlaPack does not perform accurate backup. In particular the sharing functionality is not correctly backuped.

3) With JMS, you share all the PHP code between all the websites.
This means that you have to install all the extension on the master website before expect to re-install or use them into a slave site.
The extension that require to be re-install are (components, modules and plugins).
Concerning the (template and languages) they are installed once on the master and are automatically available into the slave site.
With JMS, there are many possibilities to install a component, module or plugin in a slave.
- Re-install into the slave site
- Install it into a template website that is used to create children website (so it is pre-installaed). This feature is important because it can be used later to resynchronize a slave site with its parent. (This mean install all the new extensions based on its parent).
- With JMS 1.2.x, there is now a tool that allow install an extension based on the master or a template. This installation may also be propagated to all the children of a given website. This feature require that the extension is defined into JMS. This is a manual operation that require from my part to review the extension and make the reverse engenering to discover the MySQL tables that must be replcated. For the moment a limit number of extension may be installed using this functionality.
I suggest that you read the user manual and the chapter with JMS tools.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg.. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi edwin2win ,

thank you very much for your answer.

With JMS 1.2.x, there is now a tool that allow install an extension based on the master or a template. This installation may also be propagated to all the children of a given website. This feature require that the extension is defined into JMS.

Did you have a list with extensions (components, modules) wich are defined in JMS?
Ich need XCloner (for Backups, or other like JoomlaPack if problems), ChronoForms, Communicator (or if problems other like SM2 Email Marketing), JCE, JCrawler, Jumi, Xmap, RokDownloads (or if problems DocMan), TagMeta, Joomla Flash Uploader and some modules and plugins from yootheme (and rocketthemes) like yoo_caroussel, yoo_twitter...

What is with Yoo's Zoo. Is it defined?

At this moment I am creating a master - so I am flexible in some components.

Thanks and regards

king.lui
king.lui
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Presale questions: Win-/Linuxserver, modules/plg.. 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
I have not really a list that I can publish.
I am trying to do it.
Here it is in the meantime an article where I try to create this list
www.jms2win.com/index.php?option=com_con...;id=135&Itemid=1

Some of them are in the list but not all that you have mentioned.

Potentially all the extension may be defined - this is just a question of time to let me define them.

Concerning the extension, I suggest that you also have a look in the product detail to check the one that could be not compatible with JMS
www.jms2win.com/download
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla