English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

The data is not saving in config_multisites.php
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: The data is not saving in config_multisites.php
The data is not saving in config_multisites.php 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I have one website. There i was installed multisite component and it was worked fine. Now i have moved that folder to another place and when i moved it stops working. I observed that, <ROOT>/multisites/config_multisites.php is not updating with new domain list when i create site from site admin. Anyone please help me on this how to do these settings.

Thanks in advance.
bhaskar25
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The data is not saving in config_multisites.php 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
If you moved a master website and its slaves sites from one directory structure to another directory structure then you have to adjust the JMS settings to reflect the new location but also rebuild all the symbolic links present in all the slave site to point to the new location.

Once the symbolic links are removed, an Open/Save of each slave site definition should rebuild those links.

So start to verify the JMS Settings to adjust the new multisites location, home, public.
Remove the symbolic link in the slave site and Open/Resave slave site.
Do that in the order of your website hierarchy (use the JMS tools to discover the hierarchy).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla