English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Using Multi Sites with Xampp on Ubuntu Linux
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Using Multi Sites with Xampp on Ubuntu Linux
Using Multi Sites with Xampp on Ubuntu Linux 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, so this is sort of a continuation of the other thread, but that one is obviously long enough and now the topic has changed somewhat.

I now have Multi Sites 1.2 up and running on Joomla 1.5.12, which is running on local server software called Xampp 1.7.1 (apachefriends.org/), which is installed into the Ubuntu Linux Operating System Version 9.04. Well, in actuality, the operating system is Linux Mint 7 "Gloria" (linuxmint.com/), which is based on Ubuntu 9.04, only it's a lot better in my honest opinion.

Okay, so symbolic links are now supported and working, being confirmed by me once again (under these new conditions) installing a slave site into a subdirectory of the master site, which was created and it has folders inside of it that are symbolically linked to other folders from the master site. My question now is this: How can I create a slave site that is not a 'Fresh Slave Site', but is instead symbolically linked to the master site and shares the same users and template, etc.?

Remember, I am using Community Builder along side Multi Sites, so my normal Joomla users have now become CB Users (not sure if this scenario is any different from the norm). I need to be able to keep my CB Users in sync across all of my sites as well as a single template along with anything else important I might want to consider keeping in sync.

Please tell me where to begin and how to proceed step by step by step. Let's see if this can be communicated clearly and resolved in just 2-4 replies to this thread, then I promise I will leave you alone for awhile.
icanrepairpcs
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/13 05:07 By icanrepairpcs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Using Multi Sites with Xampp on Ubuntu Linux 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
First remember that on localhost, you still have to apply the special procedure with _host_ to use the slave.

Concerning the configuration and replication of the master website to create slave site that share the same community builder than the master, you have:
1) Create a "JMS template" to define the replication rule.
template id = share_master
domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
select the template site = "master_db"
new table prefix = {site_id}_
deployment folder = {site_dir}

Go in the Sharing Panel and click on the "Community Builder" check box.
Potentially review the "Files and Folders" panel.
For a first slave to test, this is not critical.
Should be reviewed to avoid creating unnecessary symbolic links.

Save the template

2) Create a slave site using "manage site".
Site ID = slave2
select the template site = "share_master"

Save

This will replicate the master website as specified in the replication rule "share_master" and also share community builder as defined in the same rule.

You can review the result with the JMS tools.
When you select "slave2", you will have all its DB definition and also have a look in the "table" panel that show you how the tables were created.

I suggest that you read the user manual at least once.

Remark:
With JMS, we don't speak in terms of synchronisation but in terms of sharing.
Synchronisation means replications of the data. In this case, as you have several copies of a same data, you have to synchronize them to have the same value.

Sharing means that the data is present only once. The other site just access the sharing place. There is no replication of the data and therefore no need to synchronize them. This guarantee that the data are identical in every place where they are shared.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/13 07:29 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla